A&H

Watford v Liverpool

The Referee Store
Hazard doesn't help himself either, one challenge from behind I thought was, the other one looked like a dive.....

How are we to enforce the sock tape in grassroots if the premier league don't care?

Attachments

• 20181127_000118.jpg
    20181127_000118.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 6
The white band, as I've just checked, is ankle height.. So that is therefore acceptable to have white tape higher up?

Attachments

• JA83012.jpg
    JA83012.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 3
As a general advice, apply the the trivial laws in general. Getting pedantic about them would have a negative impact on game control. Especially at grassroots.

On this specific case, your last image of the sock shows the white stripe just below the LFC logo, the white bit in your original image with the arrow is also just below the LFC logo so if there was any white straps applied, they were exactly where they were supposed to be.

The white band, as I've just checked, is ankle height.. So that is therefore acceptable to have white tape higher up?

Yes, but that band appears higher because almost all professional players cut the bottom off their socks and then tape the main sock to an under sock. Don't ask me why as I have no idea, but they do. Like James L, I've seen the kit in action and for almost all of the players in that photo it is the white band on the sock you can see, not tape. The bands are far too even and identical for it to be tape, players don't get a spirit level out to make sure it is perfectly placed after all. Look at Milner though, his is thicker because he has white tape over the band.

Also, look at your photo, the band is directly underneath the LFC text, and if you could see the back it would be just under the NB text. Just as it is on all of the players in the photo.

Cant help but Think this is a deliberate tactic to allow the tape. Those white shinguard strap sales must be low

As a general advice, apply the the trivial laws in general. Getting pedantic about them would have a negative impact on game control. Especially at grassroots.

Since you mentioned that... At the last ref's meeting we were told explicitly to start applying the tape law at grassroots because people weren't doing it... So I guess someone's been complaining!

Since you mentioned that... At the last ref's meeting we were told explicitly to start applying the tape law at grassroots because people weren't doing it... So I guess someone's been complaining!
I'm not saying don't apply it. Don't be perfect about it. There is red and white in the lower part of the sock. Accept red or white straps. If using white strap and it's covering some part of the red bits, accept it. If it's a slightly different shade of colour, accept it.

On the other hand if the FA is suspending referees 21 days for RPS, be as pedantic as you like and blame it on the FA.

am waiting for someone to play in rainbow pride socks....8 diff colours of sock tape needed please or your no playing

Think we saw the real reason the law was introduced at the World Cup. Players we’re fined not for having different colour sock covering but for the fact the sock covering was displaying sponsorship.

Back