A&H

What do you guys think of this?

The Referee Store
I think there is a team who refuse to score penalties - old corthinins (Or something like that).

Although it does clearly and publicly undermine your decision making

No wonder everyone thinks referees are d*cks. Fair play to the team taking it, but if they choose to do that then nothing I can do about it. If I was 100% happy with my decision to give it then what difference does it make what the players think.

Caution? i think not. Silly on the team for passing the ball back to the GK.

I bet in another game when a pen is awarded against them (wrongfully), the opp will not be as kind.

However if a GK refuses to face the kicker, and the ball enters the net - then a retake is required. GK must face the ball / penalty taker.

I think there is a team who refuse to score penalties - old corthinins (Or something like that).
The Corinthian Casuals. If the referee awarded a penalty against them the goalkeeper would stand aside from the goal to allow the opposition a simple tap-in.

SM...... don't most players always think a ref makes mistakes.....it probably would have been a good idea just to kick the ball wide.....

Before the drop ball law was changed, at Football League level I'm sure a team let another score, when a kick to gk after drop ball went in the net.
Is that not USB or "dissent" as well?
If within the law can't see how referee can do anything about players doing "unusual" things.
At a higher level, I guess if you were worried about integrity of the match, ie one team losing deliberately or perhaps trying to get match abandoned, then you would report your concerns to League/FA concerned, but cautioning players, as in this example? Can't see the justification in that

SM...... don't most players always think a ref makes mistakes.....it probably would have been a good idea just to kick the ball wide.....
Lol I was just kidding about. I couldn't careless what they do with it (within the laws of the game of course).

Players always think refs are wrong. Refs always think players are law ignorant buffoons. Just the dance we play out on the football pitch with each other.

I would be quite happy with the passback to the keeper and just take it on the chin that i had obviously got it wrong !

In fairness tapping it back to the keeper is probably better for my match control if I've dropped a total clanger. At least 22 players hate me, then they'll always expect rubbish. Things could get out of hand if i give a bad pen, its scored, then the team conceding end up losing their rag over it.

Am I right in thinking, when Associasion Football was originally formed and a short while after the penalty rule was bought into play, the 'done thing' was to always pass it back to the keeper?

Very gentlemanly.

Imagine being the first bloke to think 'screw this, I'm gonna knock it in'

Am I right in thinking, when Associasion Football was originally formed and a short while after the penalty rule was bought into play, the 'done thing' was to always pass it back to the keeper?

Not quite. One team - Corinthians - didn't try to save penalties given against them.

Back