A&H

What has the ref seen??

QuaverRef

I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure
Level 4 Referee
‘Penalty’ decision, AFC Wimbledon v Bradford. I’m truly struggling to see how this wasn’t given as a penalty, unless there’s something off screen?. Refs position is perfect

Watch from 1:45

The Referee Store
He must have seen (or thought he'd seen) a HB by the first defender. If he did, it was a very very late whistle
Bizarre

Who watches Wimbledon games highlights with just one tune in your head......

Underground, overground, Wombling free
The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we
Making good use of the things that we find
Things that the everyday folks leave behind........

They were Green before being Green was fashionable!!!!

BTW, He's a Level what???? Shocking decision, even @Mintyref would have spotted that from the centre circle!!!

He's given it for grabbing the player wrist which started outside the box. Just inside the box when he releases the arm but certainly not yards inside. Nowhere near where the attacker was claiming the foul was.

There is very little chance he would not have known this is a pen. How he thought he could get away with this poor decision in a recorded match is beyond me. It's the type of "my own justice" refereeing a young and inexperienced referee who doesn't know the laws would try. You know the IFK for a non-deliberate handball type.

Actually the correct call for me. If you slow the speed down the defender is holding the hand of the attacker and pulling him backwards, releases just before the attacker crosses the line. Or am I wrong and because the defender is inside the area (though hands are outside) it's a PK?

I think a clearer signal showing advantage would have helped in this situation, as it looks like he gives it for the second challenge. Does himself no favours by not signalling.

Actually the correct call for me. If you slow the speed down the defender is holding the hand of the attacker and pulling him backwards, releases just before the attacker crosses the line. Or am I wrong and because the defender is inside the area (though hands are outside) it's a PK?

I think a clearer signal showing advantage would have helped in this situation, as it looks like he gives it for the second challenge. Does himself no favours by not signalling.
1) So what about the trip?
2) I think you're wrong anyway, the hold continues into the PA. It is where the point of contact is though
3) Where are you going to signal advantage here?

1) So what about the trip?
2) I think you're wrong anyway, the hold continues into the PA. It is where the point of contact is though
3) Where are you going to signal advantage here?
1) First offence takes precedent, doesn't it?
2) I slowed it down 0.25 speed and it looks like it's released before the area, though it could be on the line. This is the tightest call though.
3) An offence has been committed with the hold, but the attacker can still control the ball and turn. He doesn't manage to, advantage over.

1) First offence takes precedent, doesn't it?
2) I slowed it down 0.25 speed and it looks like it's released before the area, though it could be on the line. This is the tightest call though.
3) An offence has been committed with the hold, but the attacker can still control the ball and turn. He doesn't manage to, advantage over.

1)Advantage. If a foul occurs outside the PA, and before stopping play another one incurs inside the PA, then you award the penalty kick. Why? Because it's a bigger benefit to allow play to have continued from the first offence, thus penalising the 2nd offence. Penalising the first offence is more about when both teams commit an offence. You don't need to signal advantage

3) There's absolutely not opportunity for a referee to signal advantage here - especially when as soon as he's released, another foul is committed. No advantage, there never was an advantage (except as I described in my first point), would be wrong to signal it

Looking at this several times I can only come up with one logical answer, and that is that he's played advantage and come back to the foul.

He does not think the challenge on the blue in the penalty area is a foul ergo no penalty, but the advantage has not accrued from the original pull on his arm.

Looking at this several times I can only come up with one logical answer, and that is that he's played advantage and come back to the foul.

He does not think the challenge on the blue in the penalty area is a foul ergo no penalty, but the advantage has not accrued from the original pull on his arm.

Yep I agree. Wrong decision, but wrong for the right reason if that makes sense.

Ignoring this particular incident, if a defender start to hold an attacker outside the box but you are looking for advantage and don't blow, if advantage does not accrue and the holding has continued into the box, is that a DFK or PK?

Ignoring this particular incident, if a defender start to hold an attacker outside the box but you are looking for advantage and don't blow, if advantage does not accrue and the holding has continued into the box, is that a DFK or PK?
Penalty.

Back