A&H

Wholegame reports for every game?

The Referee Store
Do you submit a report for every game you middle on WGS? Even if you have no cards shown?
I don't believe there is any necessity to submit a 'blank report' on WGS. The only benefit would be for your own records, as I don't even know if your county FA would see it.

It used to be part of my post-match routine to put the next game into WGS, as part of confirming with myself where I was going next - and once you've done that, if the next game is eventless, it's just as easy to submit a blank report as it is to work out how to delete a game.

I never got reprimanded for doing so, so I don't think discipline departments care. But also, agree with the other posters, it's absolutely not necessary. And it's a habit I've fallen out of since doing more lines and so having a greater % of games where I don't need to submit cards.

Definitely isn't required. If you think back to the old Excel method of reporting, it would be akin to sending a blank spreadsheet to your CFA for a game with no discipline, you just wouldn't do it. I get the argument about keeping a record for personal use, but no one knows how long the FA will keep recorded games on there. Given the reports have PII on them, there's an argument to say that the submissions shouldn't be retained for any longer than is needed.

I don't, provides little benefit, as I log my games across spreadhseets (because I'm boring) anyway!
I can go even more boring and do both! I do WGS purely so I don't forget to do it when I actually have to. Spreadsheets because I love keeping a proper record.

A benefit of RefSix if you are a user, records all your matches & discipline (if none) if you don't want to use an Excel spreadsheet. :)
Oh that's another one I forgot. I use RefSix also. That makes it 3 ways I record mine 🤣

For some reason I was under the impression ARs had to submit cards etc? It looks like I was wrong.
Usually only if it's an extraordinary report that results from something you've noted. If the ref puts in a report that essentially says "I'm reporting X on advice of assistant Y", then assistant Y should do a report with the details. Routine cards? No.

A benefit of RefSix if you are a user, records all your matches & discipline (if none) if you don't want to use an Excel spreadsheet. :)
I am a user and ******* thing lost months worth of my games the other month so I don’t trust it at all

Back