A&H

Wolves v Utd

Ryanj91

Referee and VAR having a disaster.

No VAR penalty for wolves at one of their corners. Two players pulled down.

No VAR sending off for Rashford's two footed lunge.

Ref didnt give Herrera a second yellow for a blatent trip on wolves counter attack.

The Referee Store
="Ryanj91, post: 148352, member: AR sending off for Rashford's two footed lunge.

You are insane if you think the Rashford "lunge" is even a red. He was clearly trying to block the clearance and noone was in any danger at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t think that should have been rescinded.
I can understand yellow, however he has gone in at a lot of speed and to me that is endangering the safety of the opponent.

[QUOTE="Ryanj91, post: 148352, member: AR sending off for Rashford's two footed lunge.

You are insane if you think the Rashford "lunge" is even a red. He was clearly trying to block the clearance and noone was in any danger at all[/QUOTE]
Not according to the rules. Rules = red

You are insane if you think the Rashford "lunge" is even a red. He was clearly trying to block the clearance and noone was in any danger at all
Not according to the rules. Rules = red

I'd be interesting to know what page of the laws you're referring to

Last edited by a moderator:
The Lindelof red being downgraded to yellow smacks of VAR being used to re-referee it rather than correcting "clear and obvious errors".

And no, the Rashford tackle was not a red.

On the Wolves non-penalty call it’s as much Boly charging his own man as anyway else.

Overturning the red is a fair call. There’s no doubt the foul by Lindelof wipes the player out but I’m struggling to call that as excessive force. Thinking rationally and trying to understand the original call, I can only suggest it’s one of those that looks horrendous from one angle but not as bad when looked at from 180 degrees further around.

Whereas I'm struggling to see why Lindelofs 'challenge' isn't in the dangerous category. Straight red for me.

Lindelof's tackle was a red for me. It could easily have trapped the opponent's lower leg with a disastrous outcome.
Rashford's, although two footed and ugly, was nowhere near the opponent and so posed no danger. Yellow was fine.

Orange for me as well, meaning I think if I was VAR I'd back either a red or a yellow on the pitch as neither being clearly and obviously wrong.

Without wanting to bring up an old argument again, I think the signalling was far clearer on this one than an incident we discussed a few weeks ago where a yellow was upgraded. Call the player back, cutting the grass gesture to cancel the previous decision, show the yellow card. No need to add confusing by pulling out the red card, everyone knew what was going on.

Lindelof is yellow for me. An old school hard challenge that will leave a bruise in the morning. I don't think that's anywhere near red.

Hi
Surely only the referee can change *his* opinion based on his review of the situation. To me this looked like Martin Aitkinson left the decision to the VAR official Chris Kavanagh?

Surely only the referee can change *his* opinion based on his review of the situation. To me this looked like Martin Aitkinson left the decision to the VAR official Chris Kavanagh?
England is doing VAR with only minimal OFR by the referee at this point in time.

England is doing VAR with only minimal OFR by the referee at this point in time.
Yes, this is the strategy in the UK
I think it works far better than the circus of the OFR, but it does lean towards the VAR being the chief referee. Given that the ARs are now just ball boys, It's the direction in which this is all heading anyway

Back