A&H

Worst advantage snafu

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
It’s futsal so things happen quick and advantage timing is different, anyway, horrible moment:

Thigh high through ball, defender just outside the area, puts thigh with arm, it’s handball but the ball goes through to an attacker close to the corner, I’m thinking could there really be an advantage here, attacker under pressure turns away towards the corner, and I want to come back for the DFK…

So, my whistle comes up, I’m watching the players tussle in the corner, and looking at the spot of the offence, and I blow the whistle - only to find that in that split second the attacker has done a miraculous backheel, across the whole face, there’s been a tap in… I blow the whistle as the ball is 5cm from the goal line and rolling in!!!

Terrible! I thought hard for 3 secs and gave the goal. My whistle came after the last touch and had no material effect on play - and it was 6-1. I sold it hard and the players were kind enough not to let it ruin the game over it. I apologised a lot. It ended 7-6 so I was very very lucky.

In law, what do you think? Just because I have blown, is the game dead, what price an accidental whistle?

A&H International
In law, what do you think? Just because I have blown, is the game dead, what price an accidental whistle?
per law, ball absolutely dead and no goal. And worse yet, a DB to the GK as the ball was in the PA. (EDIT: oops, foul called, never mind about the DB comment…..)

Oh lord, I've had similar. Handball on the line, hit the whistle, and within half a second it's hammered home. Learning day.

I said it was the whistle of god, the head of Diego and sold it.

Bizarrely, early in the game one player momentarily paused when he heard a whistle from the pitch next door and it cost his team a goal.

They say these things even themselves out…

I said it was the whistle of god, the head of Diego and sold it.

Bizarrely, early in the game one player momentarily paused when he heard a whistle from the pitch next door and it cost his team a goal.

They say these things even themselves out…
Not up with FUTSAL law but, technically, in normal rules, potential case for a dropped ball... Nothing like that in futsal?

I think the thing you would have to take away from this is two wrongs don't make a right. Wasn't costly this time but it could be next.

Don't worry too much about making a mistake but recovering from it is important. From what you say you recovered rom your second mistake well. But recovery from your first one (which wasn't much of a mistake) wasn't the best.

Not up with FUTSAL law but, technically, in normal rules, potential case for a dropped ball... Nothing like that in futsal?
Same rules in this. Technical would have been to come back for the handball DFK I was whistling for.

(Wider context: grassroots game, hobby league, shirts missing numbers… I had a qualified ref on the clock - same for all footy in 2024! - and he shrugged his shoulders and was supportive - he was kind)

Same rules in this. Technical would have been to come back for the handball DFK I was whistling for.

(Wider context: grassroots game, hobby league, shirts missing numbers… I had a qualified ref on the clock - same for all footy in 2024! - and he shrugged his shoulders and was supportive - he was kind)
I was replying to the player distracted by a whistle next door costing a goal...

I was replying to the player distracted by a whistle next door costing a goal...
That was a tough one - thing is I was about 4m from him and the whistle was from 30m away through an opening in a wall - it was surprisingly loud but obviously not my Valkeen at jabbing distance - so, even if he had protested with the whole Kuwaiti royal family (remember that?) I just thought he was unfortunate but daft and was never going to take it back for the DB and cancel the goal;)

But in a lesd clear cut… hmm…

Back