A&H

WSL Mic’d up

The Referee Store
Good to hear what the ref says to the players!!

Shame we can't have more of these clips and use the same system but live for VAR in PL.

This reminds of the other sky sports video I watched where they mic'd up an Australian Referee named Jared Gillet who now referees in the premier league. Very good to see into the minds of referees at the top levels.

This reminds of the other sky sports video I watched where they mic'd up an Australian Referee named Jared Gillet who now referees in the premier league. Very good to see into the minds of referees at the top levels.
Yeah I remember watching that, it was interesting to hear the VAR Conversation as well!!

It would be great to be able to have more access to this sort of thing. As referees, this sort of thing is brilliant.

Full video of the WSL game can be found here

almost a shame it wasnt a harder game

find the dynamic of giving offsides interesting and how different it is without mics, becomes a proper team decision

Brilliant insight to on pitch conversations at the highest levels. Players wanting to continue arguing a decision, even after it's been confirmed by VAR, somethings never change!
I mean, this is exactly the problem with limited and selective use of old clips - this clip is years old from a time where VAR was only used for occasional cup games. It's unlikely at this point that players would have any reason to understand how it works and that KMI's are automatically checked.

So the players sound stupid now, but in the appropriate context it makes sense. And we have zero useful data to help us know if there is better understanding now or not.

I mean, this is exactly the problem with limited and selective use of old clips - this clip is years old from a time where VAR was only used for occasional cup games. It's unlikely at this point that players would have any reason to understand how it works and that KMI's are automatically checked.

So the players sound stupid now, but in the appropriate context it makes sense. And we have zero useful data to help us know if there is better understanding now or not.
Also was only a year or so after the DOGSO yellow change. Players understand it quite well now.

What does KMI mean I know its an acronym but for what I have no clue?

Back