A&H

Citee V Foxes

Typical Madley.....over officious to the letter of the law on the penalty......fails to deal with an intentional elbow to the face....

The Referee Store
For some reason, mods have removed my reference to how many offside goals Manchester United have scored this season. Is there an agenda here?

Last edited:
Typical Madley.....over officious to the letter of the law on the penalty......fails to deal with an intentional elbow to the face....

Not even the player hurt thinks it was intentional.

'I have sympathy for Marc because he is in there with a black eye and a bruised eye but we have looked at the replay and there is no intent from Fernandinho, ' said Shakespeare. 'It is a competitive challenge, his arms were raised but there is no intent there to do Marc any damage and Marc understands that as well.'

'I have sympathy for Marc because he is in there with a black eye and a bruised eye but we have looked at the replay and there is no intent from Fernandinho, ' said Shakespeare. 'It is a competitive challenge, his arms were raised but there is no intent there to do Marc any damage and Marc understands that as well.'
Those are the words of his manager not the player himself.

For some reason, mods have removed my reference to how many offside goals Manchester United have scored this season. Is there an agenda here?

It's a 'referees forum' not a fans forum...the bluemoon forum will satisfy your need to vent, not that I (as a blue) necessarily agree.

It does amuse me however that the references to citee and chavski don't get changed...

More a case of nipping things in the bud. Ripping one another apart is unseemly and unhelpful as we have enough people out to get us without fighting among ourselves. It was also potentially provocative - as was another post in this thread which has now been removed - and so its an attempt to stamp out a potential fire.

I watched the Fernandinho elbow once at full speed and my gut feeling was foul no card. It was an elbow but not a deliberate in fact it looked accidental but from another angle I might well think differently.

I can fathom accidently catching an opponent with a flailing arm or elbow.
However if an elbow hits someone with enough force to do what this one did, what else is the player doing except trying to elbow an opponent? At the very least you're playing with complete disregard for your opponents safety!
Going into a player elbow first is an accident?? Pull the other one

Last edited:
I can fathom accidently catching an opponent with a flailing arm or elbow.
However if an elbow hits someone with enough force to do what this one did, what else is the player doing except trying to elbow an opponent? At the very least you're playing with complete disregard for your opponents safety!
Going into a player elbow first is an accident?? Pull the other one
I haven't seen the incident but when I used to run quickly my arms used to move backwards fast enough to create a lot more damage than the pictures I have seen of the injured player.

So now leading with the elbow into a challenge, with enough force to injure your opponent is perfectly acceptable?

Not reckless? Not dangerous?

Yeah right, rip the blue tinted specs off and get back into the real world.

PS...enjoyed my day out at Wembley watching all the Blue mancs crying in extra time! :devil:

In law does the word "intentional" appear?

He didn't even give a free kick! Has to be careless at least surely?

I don't know where the ref was when this happened so can't say whether he should have seen this.

I'd have given a FK and a yellow for that.

Maybe not in the written Law but surely we look at all tackles and consider intent of the tackler. You, as a referee are always trying to judge what you saw and what the players saw, then you act accordingly!!

Maybe not in the written Law but surely we look at all tackles and consider intent of the tackler. You, as a referee are always trying to judge what you saw and what the players saw, then you act accordingly!!
No, we, as referees, don't consider intent no matter what.

We, as referees, judge simply what happened.

It's up to discipline panels to believe that they can read minds and consider intent.

Back