A&H

European Championships 2016

Who will win Euro 2016

• Total voters
The Referee Store
View attachment 908

They'll be dancing in the street of ....... Excuse me I just swallowed a hair.........;)
That's north of where I live... it's pronounced

Egg loy sue rue

Lol. Tiny village which hit the news earlier
in the year due to the amount of rain that landed there!

@Kes - I do love black adder. Brilliant tv. That said we don't NEED to spit when pronouncing place names when asked directions. We just like to when we realise you're from England!!

:rofl:

Reactions: Kes
I see my tip, Belgium are now going well after failing to show up for their first match against Italy. They've now won 3 on the trot, scoring eight goals and conceding none. Wales must be delighted. ;) :D

Me thinks you forget, Record against Belgium in qualifiers for this tournament - drew 1, won 1.

:D

I don't think we will beat them sadly, but hell it wouldn't be the first time if we did!! The game will suit us better than Northern Ireland who were unlucky not to at least force extra time.

Did I just imagine that, or did Woy just tell ITV that Raheem Sterling played very well against Russia and he wants a repeat performance from him!!??
You couldn't make it up ..... :wall:

Won a nice penalty. Romney calm as you like with the finish.

Gotta love Iceland though, what a reply. Still game on!

If your not going to play Sturridge up front, don't play him, play a natural wide player instead. Crazy team selection

Last edited:
What a great goal!!!!

Been thinking about what is wrong with this England team. It is jam packed with talent, worth as much as any team in the euros. Players that would grace nearly any team in Europe. Yet they are under performing as every England team has done since Mexico 86. (Aside from venables euros team, they were awesome)

The problem is picking your best players regardless of position and then worrying about shoe horning them into a team formation afterwards. Too many players playing in unfamiliar positions or positions that don't suit them. Neglecting players who are
Natural to those position and in form, overlooked to allow better players to be in the side regardless of form or suitability to the position. Neglecting the glue players is also an issue - what I mean by that is those who aren't stars in their own right, but do a job which allows the stars to shine. Lalana is one. Milner is one also (yes I know how much most of you hate him, I think he is massively under rated).

Just saying.

Last edited:
Defensive ineptitude and a clown for a GK (remember me saying it weeks ago?) is the problem. Add to that a manager with all the tactical ability of a Vanarama Conference coach and a centre forward (Kane) with a first touch and general ball control of a player in the same league and it's easy to see why we're losing at half time to a country that has less people in it than Yorkshire!! We look absolutely awful. I hope Iceland do edge this and send us home because a Q/Final against France would be a humiliation ...... :(

Some subtle changes to the team would make a massive difference.

Take off a central midfielder (I would say Rooney, even though he hasn't played badly) bring on lalana and push sterling and lalana to the wide midfield positions. Honestly I would just take sterling off as he has been mostly ineffective and looks out of form and bring on Milner to play wide, but that probably won't happen.

Sturridge and Kane in the middle. Or maybe take off Kane instead of Rooney and put Rooney where he should be playing.

Keep Rashford for a last 15 appearance of the goal doesn't come.

Iceland a country with a population of Rotherham, no grass football pitches, volcanos and surrounded by a million Haddocks are beating a team full of players who earn more in a week than the average man earns in 3 years...

You could sell the entire squad of Iceland for fair market price and not even afford sterling.

Topsy turvy world of football eh?

Mistake. Wrong type of game for Vardy. Iceland defend deep and in numbers, Vardy needs space and quick service. And he is crap as a left wide attacker.

Woy is having a tactical nightmare and hoping for a miracle.

I was right. Other than the sheer might of will, organisation, unwavering attitude not to be intimidated by reputations and ruthless finishing. What have Iceland offered this tournament?

Back