A&H

Junior/Youth Lenience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how the FA are rolling things out around the country but there is now no league football up to under 10 around here. That makes explaining the laws easier as there is no pressure to win.
Once titles and cups are at stake we are bound by the laws and have little leeway with their enforcement. If we don't do our job correctly we will invariably get bitten by events. Classic example. U12 cup tie and the defender deliberately prevents a goal by catching the ball. Red card but he's crying and both teams want him to stay on. last minute of the game he scores the winner opposition manager goes ballistic at you. Unfortunately we have to do what is right.

The Referee Store
“Reckless” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent. This is perfectly possible to achieve if you are an 8 yr old
Intent does matter in this case, because at 8 players don't have a concept of danger and so wouldn't have a clue about endangering an opponent. All they see is the ball and they chase after it. I doubt anyone on here has physically shown a yellow card to an 8yr, surely? ....

Intent does matter in this case, because at 8 players don't have a concept of danger and so wouldn't have a clue about endangering an opponent. All they see is the ball and they chase after it. I doubt anyone on here has physically shown a yellow card to an 8yr, surely? ....

No, intent doesn't matter at all.

It is perfectly possible to disregard the safety of an opponent without intending to do so.

Whether it's by design or accident it's still reckless.

I honestly cannot believe that people still class intent as a deciding factor in these offences......

I don't, what I'm saying is that you will never get intent from an 8yr player because they don't understand danger. Every "bad" challenge they make is careless not reckless!!

I don't, what I'm saying is that you will never get intent from an 8yr player because they don't understand danger. Every "bad" challenge they make is careless not reckless!!

Absolute tripe.

An 8 yr old is just as capable of intending to go smashing through the back of an opponent as a 16 yr old.

That's not to say that they do......but they are just as capable of doing it.

A player who doesn't understand why the challenge they have just attempted is dangerous has no regard for the consequences to their opponent......therefore it's a reckless challenge.

I'm not saying you should be cautioning 8 yr olds but don't be so naive as to think they only commit careless challenges.

A little bit of thread necromancy going on here?

We have seen this topic discussed to death at various times. I think everyone has had a chance to say their bit previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back