A&H

Liverpool v Man U

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like what you're saying...but it still doesnt sit right with me!

it feels inconsistent. i guess it's whether it is or not that's subjective
I think it's really easy to say "but [incident X] is the same as [incident Y] and you've made a different decision", when the reality is that almost any two decisions will be subtly different. They're inconsistent because the two incidents aren't consistent.

The Referee Store
I am basically repeating DJIC but:

That's fine as long as MO penalises every single dissent that continues (past his insta-caution) is punished with a 2nd.
You are missing the point a little. Dalot did the exact same thing - having being cautioned for the first, it thoroughly deserved the second - in fact, I'd go further and say it demanded the second.

That is sufficient in and of itself to differentiate between the Nunez incident.

I also think we need to move past this way of thinking in which we compare every incident. Even though Nunez didn’t get a second yellow, it doesn’t mean that the Dalot decision is wrong. The two incidents are pretty much unrelated.

Media likes to compare incidents all the time, even from two separate games. If you ask me it provides only very limited analysis.

You are missing the point a little. Dalot did the exact same thing - having being cautioned for the first, it thoroughly deserved the second - in fact, I'd go further and say it demanded the second.

That is sufficient in and of itself to differentiate between the Nunez incident.

Exactly that. If you get a parking ticket you are hardly likely to leave your car in the same space the following day. Dalot did exactly that, he got a caution for throwing his arm towards the referee, he then decided to do exactly the same action again so rightly got another caution.

Is there footage indicating Nunez was actually clapping the AR? I've seen footage of him clapping, but no wider angle.

If he was clapping the AR, someone has missed a trick, because it looks pretty overt. But if he's giving his opponent a bronze cheer then we're talking a different kettle of wellies

Is there footage indicating Nunez was actually clapping the AR? I've seen footage of him clapping, but no wider angle.

If he was clapping the AR, someone has missed a trick, because it looks pretty overt. But if he's giving his opponent a bronze cheer then we're talking a different kettle of wellies
he's obviously clapping the AR

Can we just have a poll rather than another page of Pythonesque argument?

Or just settle it by agreeing that you can avoid a second yellow for an immediate second dissent by making sure the second dissent is somehow different from the first dissent.

Comparing apples and oranges here with Nunez and Dalot in my opinion.

A lot more time had elapsed in the game, and therefore it's likely that Dalot had already had his warning/s, and therefore had burnt all his lives where as the nunez incident was likely him offering up his one life early on.

You have to be a special kind of stupid, to be cautioned for an action, to then immediately repeat that action. What is it they say about the definition of madness? Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back