A&H

Liverpool v Man U

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
It is just so unusual. The double yellow seems so weird. Considering basic dissent is rarely punished, plus the game context (time of offence and other punishable offences in the same match) and then - it can’t have been that bad or it would have been red. Plus it did come off Salah.

Obvs would love double dissent to be regular on TV. But I reckon there’s about a 3% chance this is the start of a new broom. More likely Oliver will lose credibility.

Liverpool fan but don’t think there was any need for a red there once again a big game and a referee is the talking point 🙄
Referee is the talking point because Liverpool were poor and Utd sat back.

Nice to see someone at the elite level take a stance. They just need to be more consistent with it

Nice to see someone at the elite level take a stance. They just need to be more consistent with it
Nope sorry not for me many on here cover for poor decision but I will put bias aside and call that as what it was a poor lack of judgement.

If you get a caution for throwing your arm towards the referee, only to then do exactly the same gesture after you have been shown the yellow card, you have rocks for brains. It's like putting your hand on a hot BBQ, thinking wow that hurt, then doing exactly the same again 10 seconds later.

The Nunez one is a little different as it isn't as obviously dissent, an argument could be made that he is congratulation Stu Burt on a good decision. We all know he wasn't, but it makes it more subjective. Plus it wasn't in 2nd half stoppage time, and rightly or wrongly he would have been castigated after "he had ruined the game" for sending a team down to 10 players in the first half.

And here lies the issue. MO is well within his right to double caution if he feels appropriate, you can see Dalots reaction so it can be sold. However, it won’t happen next week or the weeks after that, MO himself didn’t even take an opportunity for it 45 minutes prior. Consistency is the problem, not this singular decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back