A&H

Mouthy player

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
You are right I am missing the point of explaining a decision, wen you don't have to?

OK let me try for the 4th or maybe 5th time to try and explain my point. Explaining a decision shows an UNDERSTANDING of the game, it shows that you are empathetic towards players and that you are a strong referee who can not only give and sell a decision but have the self belief to tell someone why you have given it. Something that players will respect you for and therefore increase not only your credibility but your ability to sell the next BIG decision.

Quite the opposite to the reasons you have given about not being up with play or not believing in yourself which are quite frankly absurd.

Perhaps. but I enjoy the game too much. and around these parts they lack quality referees like you so they will just have to do with me.
You mean talking to people to make them like you? Become a taxi driver or work in a coffee shop, am sure someone will love you one day! Your statement about lacking quality referees says a lot about the association you are in and your opinions of the other refs tut tut you might have to EXPLAIN that comment to some of them!

OK let me try for the 4th or maybe 5th time to try and explain my point. Explaining a decision shows an UNDERSTANDING of the game, it shows that you are empathetic towards players and that you are a strong referee who can not only give and sell a decision but have the self belief to tell someone why you have given it. Something that players will respect you for and therefore increase not only your credibility but your ability to sell the next BIG decision.

Quite the opposite to the reasons you have given about not being up with play or not believing in yourself which are quite frankly absurd.
Eh...if you are up with play and close by the incident when you make the decision no one queries it. Simple. If you don't answer queries people stop asking you rather than challenging your authority by continually asking you to explain your decision. I hear a lot about understanding the game what exactly do you need to understand? a foul is a foul? a corner a corner? that challenges are made some fair and others not which lead to a decision being made by the referee. I have no problems selling my decisions big or small.

Maybe, a little bit of insecurity needing to be liked? You continue to refer to players liking it and showing empathy to them. Personally I thought we were paid to make decisions not be liked by the players. Maybe, I have this whole refereeing thing wrong its a popularity contest for egoists who wanna be loved? That being the case I might have to leave, because personally I don't care who wins, loses, or draws , nor do I care if they like me or not. Mental note on Saturday explain your decisions so you become popular!

Eh...if you are up with play and close by the incident when you make the decision no one queries it. Simple. If you don't answer queries people stop asking you rather than challenging your authority by continually asking you to explain your decision. I hear a lot about understanding the game what exactly do you need to understand? a foul is a foul? a corner a corner? that challenges are made some fair and others not which lead to a decision being made by the referee. I have no problems selling my decisions big or small.

Maybe, a little bit of insecurity needing to be liked? You continue to refer to players liking it and showing empathy to them. Personally I thought we were paid to make decisions not be liked by the players. Maybe, I have this whole refereeing thing wrong its a popularity contest for egoists who wanna be loved? That being the case I might have to leave, because personally I don't care who wins, loses, or draws , nor do I care if they like me or not. Mental note on Saturday explain your decisions so you become popular!

Nobody queries decisions you make, not one? What a load of rubbish. This has to be the most ridiculous post i have read on here in while, there is no talking to you whatsoever as you are clearly right, as you are on the pitch 100% of the time.

I'm baffled as to how this conversation has got hostile in any way? Everyone (myself included) who explains their decisions has stated that they believe it helps their match control to be communicative and open. If you feel otherwise, why not just accept that explanation and move on - it doesn't in any way invalidate the way you choose to referee?

Nobody queries decisions you make, not one? What a load of rubbish. This has to be the most ridiculous post i have read on here in while, there is no talking to you whatsoever as you are clearly right, as you are on the pitch 100% of the time.
I never said I don't get queries I said I don't stop to explain to the poor wee darlings why I gave it! Listen it's ok your insecurity in trying to explain yourself is your issue, there are people out there you can talk to about it, maybe build your own self confidence up a little so you don't need to feel loved all the time!

I'm baffled as to how this conversation has got hostile in any way? Everyone (myself included) who explains their decisions has stated that they believe it helps their match control to be communicative and open. If you feel otherwise, why not just accept that explanation and move on - it doesn't in any way invalidate the way you choose to referee?
Who's being hostile? I have expressed an opinion and how I manage my games which works for me, you have expressed your opinions and feel the need to explain your decisions that works for you, maybe we should have X Factor voting buttons at matches so you know just how popular you are.

I never said I don't get queries I said I don't stop to explain to the poor wee darlings why I gave it! Listen it's ok your insecurity in trying to explain yourself is your issue, there are people out there you can talk to about it, maybe build your own self confidence up a little so you don't need to feel loved all the time!

I have written about 4 replies to this message and deleted each one as i dont really want to get banned from the forum.

I am not sure who you are who or who you think you are?

I have written about 4 replies to this message and deleted each one as i dont really want to get banned from the forum.

I am not sure who you are who or who you think you are?
Why the hostility? I am me and I am very comfortable being me! I expressed a view, and asked a few questions, you explained your answers and I gave an explanation as to why you might feel the need to explain yourself. I hope your aren't as short tempered on the pitch especially when someone asks you to explain your decisions? Oops my bad?

Why the hostility? I am me and I am very comfortable being me! I expressed a view, and asked a few questions, you explained your answers and I gave an explanation as to why you might feel the need to explain yourself. I hope your aren't as short tempered on the pitch especially when someone asks you to explain your decisions? Oops my bad?

I am not even going to dignify this with a response.

Who's being hostile? I have expressed an opinion and how I manage my games which works for me, you have expressed your opinions and feel the need to explain your decisions that works for you, maybe we should have X Factor voting buttons at matches so you know just how popular you are.
That is a hostile comment. Suggesting other forum users are poor referees because they choose to explain their decisions is a hostile comment. Suggesting other referees are insecure because they choose to referee in a different manner is hostile.

You might not realise it, but you've come on here as a new member and been fairly confrontational when other users have tried to explain their reasoning for a certain course on on-field action. I can only hope that you appreciate me explaining this decision!

i think the RESPECT code of conduct for match officials does recommend that we should communicate with appropriate requests for clarification on any issues

edit: requests from the captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back