A&H

New kit free... For L3 & L4 and above refs...

The Referee Store
Where have you received that info from?
An update email rcvd yesterday on the coming season for L4SARs and one bullet point mentioned the new kit is delayed for reasons beyond the FA's control and so late august. No major drama from my point of view

Does not surprise me to hear its delayed. But strange no one else has had the email considering we had an update for the new season from the FA yesterday.

An update email rcvd yesterday on the coming season for L4SARs and one bullet point mentioned the new kit is delayed for reasons beyond the FA's control and so late august. No major drama from my point of view
By that they mean ‘we didn’t give ourselves enough time’

Latest info I recieved was that they aim for deliveries to be completed by the 15th September - they blame it on a late change to the badge by the FA.. ;) So who is still awaiting their kit ? - I am..

Mine came yesterday, the new badge they put on it is far poorer in quality than the spare one I bought direct from ref stop but there you go.

Ste

Mine came yesterday, the new badge they put on it is far poorer in quality than the spare one I bought direct from ref stop but there you go.

Ste
Was very surprised how… cheap… they are.

What a pointless exercise.

Wonder who at The FA has a husband/wife on the board at kitlocker (or whoever).

The £8 ones (!!) are a far far better quality than the ones that came on the free kit but yes it does all seem a little pointless, maybe it’ll all make sense in the future but I think the comms and reasoning around it could have been handled much better.

Haha - No complaints from me, I’ll take any freebies quite happily! More an observation of and a little bit of surprise that they would be different types of badges!

I’m yet to find a colleague who has managed to wash their kit 5+ times and the silicone badge has stayed on, what a stupid idea just for show - I suspect they will be changed to standard vinyl from next season given all the returns ref stop have had

I’m yet to find a colleague who has managed to wash their kit 5+ times and the silicone badge has stayed on, what a stupid idea just for show - I suspect they will be changed to standard vinyl from next season given all the returns ref stop have had
Mine has only come off in when I've forgotten to take it out of the drying cycle.

Other than that it has stayed firmly fixed on. It hasn't come off enough to discard and easily ironed back in place.

Still no kit for me...

I’ve not heard of any coming off completely no, but peeling is common after a few washes. I’ve had plenty of vinyl since they stopped doing embroidery and haven’t had a single one peel off!

As for these silicone ones on the Nike Polos, they are even worse, they just hang down as they are too heavy!

Back