A&H

Replacement of FAMOA badge

george.g

Level 5 Referee
Apparently the FAMOA badge has now been confirmed to be changing?

Not very happy if this is the case, as I’ve just bought the new tracksuit for the next season (already a joke that they changed the colour), and now they’re changing the badge. Does feel like staying realistically up to date with their kit changes is just becoming far too unrealistic and expensive.

The Referee Store
Yeah I just got an email from Refstop saying it’s due to be replaced. Bought a new tracksuit 3 days ago :wall:

Yeah I just got an email from Refstop saying it’s due to be replaced. Bought a new tracksuit 3 days ago :wall:
Was about 2 months ago when we first heard about the FAMOA badge being replaced as it was then when I first heard that all L4s upwards will be getting a new shirt and training top for this coming season. Thankfully none of training wear has a badge on it

Hi All, I’m new here but this popped up on my google search so thought I’d add in!

I’ve been hearing for nearly 2 months now regarding this badge. It first started with Level 4’s saying they’d been told they were having a different badge next season, followed by being told Level 5 and down would be County FA badge only. It’s also been thrown around that there’s a new badge entirely.

I haven’t seen any concrete posts that show exactly what’s happening, but it’s certain there is some changes to the badges. Ref Stop state that the FAMOA badge will no longer exist at all.

Hopefully an announcement soon

Quick on the post above too (and for anyone else) DSR (distance selling regulations) don’t apply to personalised products such as these tops with badges added to their original state. This will be in t&c’s of all the major shops

Hi All, I’m new here but this popped up on my google search so thought I’d add in!

I’ve been hearing for nearly 2 months now regarding this badge. It first started with Level 4’s saying they’d been told they were having a different badge next season, followed by being told Level 5 and down would be County FA badge only. It’s also been thrown around that there’s a new badge entirely.

I haven’t seen any concrete posts that show exactly what’s happening, but it’s certain there is some changes to the badges. Ref Stop state that the FAMOA badge will no longer exist at all.

Hopefully an announcement soon

Quick on the post above too (and for anyone else) DSR (distance selling regulations) don’t apply to personalised products such as these tops with badges added to their original state. This will be in t&c’s of all the major shops
its a shame that if there was awareness that changes were to be made that they didn’t make a stop to purchases altogether, but it is what it is. Regardless of what the most up to date kit is, all kits apply at my level so all good

I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to wear the FAMOA badge for a set period of time. If not it would be a massive own goal mandating it just after referees have spent £50 on a new shirt that is supposed to last until 2026.

£50? And the rest! £60 at the lovely Ref Stop badged and delivered, even more for a long sleeve

I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to wear the FAMOA badge for a set period of time. If not it would be a massive own goal mandating it just after referees have spent £50 on a new shirt that is supposed to last until 2026.
Like you said before, pretty much impossible to police at grassroots/"Dog & Duck" level anyway.

Old Bob, who is in his 60s/70s and still trots out in his RA kit and white-topped socks will just wear whatever he likes and in truth nobody will give a monkey's as long as he turns up on time to referee the match and does it impartially ... ;) :cool:

Does anyone know what the badge is likely to change to? A new version of FA badge or something completely different?

Does anyone know what the badge is likely to change to? A new version of FA badge or something completely different?
I think the intention is for County and Senior County referees (L5 and below) to wear their CFA badge. The L4 and above will wear the FAMAO badge, as they are nationally appointed.

What about officials operating as Step 5/6 ARs. They’re appointed by the national FA, but county officials?

Isn’t there the idea that they wear FAMOA to be more neutral.

Where I am my Step 5/6 league have their own appointments officer for ARs, using MOAS, which means we have to go through the FA at some stage I thought

Where I am my Step 5/6 league have their own appointments officer for ARs, using MOAS, which means we have to go through the FA at some stage I thought
So do we, but our ARs are appointed by county RAO and the referees by the FA pool RAO

I’ll be doing National League women next season, so guess that will be FAMOA. Either way, not too fussed - but not spending more money on replacement kits until mine dies.

I'm on a county border and ref in leagues in both counties, so how would that work for me with the CFA badges? Have two sets of kit with different iron on badges on each?! 🫠 I'll pass on coughing up that much for both of them!

Back