A&H

Replacement of FAMOA badge

I'm on a county border and ref in leagues in both counties, so how would that work for me with the CFA badges? Have two sets of kit with different iron on badges on each?! đź«  I'll pass on coughing up that much for both of them!

get Velcro to put on the shirts and the badges. (Thats’s what we do in the US where we have 5 1/2 colors of shirts…)

The Referee Store
Agree with SoCal lurker

Buy one kit with separate badges. We have to do it with NL badge, county badge and FAMAO. Next kit I get will be badgeless and I'll start sticking the badge on for the comp.

I'm on a county border and ref in leagues in both counties, so how would that work for me with the CFA badges? Have two sets of kit with different iron on badges on each?! đź«  I'll pass on coughing up that much for both of them!
Technically, your County badge should be the one you are registered with - as that is your County FA. where the club is doesn't matter.

In the FA cup later rounds, you will see some SG2 AR's wearing their county badge in preference to their FAMAO badge. Unless they have the actual FA badge, they should be wearing their county badge. I know this is small technical point....

Technically, your County badge should be the one you are registered with - as that is your County FA. where the club is doesn't matter.

In the FA cup later rounds, you will see some SG2 AR's wearing their county badge in preference to their FAMAO badge. Unless they have the actual FA badge, they should be wearing their county badge. I know this is small technical point....
Not as simple if dual registered.

If you're dual registered you still have only one parent county. Your 'registration' at the other one is called an "associate affiliation".
Yes, but would they not expect you to wear their badge in their competitions?

I use double-sided sticky tape, rather than velcro. Works very well and I find less hassle than velcro
We have an advantage in the US--the velcro circle is built into the shirts. Very easy to swap the badges around. (And you know when you’re watching g an uncertified person reffing, as they just have that big black circle on their shirt . . . )

I would have guessed not but I asked mine and apparently they would.
I kind of assumed it would be the case. I thought the main point of 2nd claim was so that referees could be appointed to either County's cups.

Think bordering counties might feel different to say a Cornish referee going to uni in Newcastle.

I imagine FA competition is 1st claim county.

Yes, but would they not expect you to wear their badge in their competitions?

I would have guessed not but I asked mine and apparently they would.
Technically, the referee should wear the badge as who they are registered with.

Where the 2 CFA's are bordered, you would not expect to be registered with the other CFA. The secondary CFA is for students, etc working away from their parent CFA.

County Football Association Badge The Regulations for the Registration and Control of Referees require Referees to wear the badge of the Affiliated Association who administers his registration on FA Competitions, where such a badge is available. This provides County identity for Match Officials when operating both within and outside their Affiliated Association boundary. Affiliated Associations should make the Affiliated Association badge available to Referees.
The above is from the FA REGULATIONS FOR THE REGISTRATION AND CONTROL OF REFEREES booklet. So, it is there Affiliated (Parent) CFA is FA competitions.

I am just in the process of buying a new kit. I normally wear the FAMOA badge

I have seen all the information from "suppliers" about which badges we should be wearing. I am level 5 so I understand I should wear my county fa badge. However I officiate on a supply league and I also read that the Fa wants us all to wear the same badge. So i am a little confused at which one I need.

Is there anything official from the FA about which badge we should be using?

I am just in the process of buying a new kit. I normally wear the FAMOA badge

I have seen all the information from "suppliers" about which badges we should be wearing. I am level 5 so I understand I should wear my county fa badge. However I officiate on a supply league and I also read that the Fa wants us all to wear the same badge. So i am a little confused at which one I need.

Is there anything official from the FA about which badge we should be using?
My understanding is that a steo 5 or 6 game will be referred by a ref in new FA Match officials badge, assisted by assistants wearing their county badge.

I've had no communication to suggest I must wear my county badge as an assistant referee on step 5/6 league and will continue to wear FAMOA badge unless told otherwise. I was one of the people who bought new kit at the end of last season before I'd heard anything about a badge change...

I've had no communication to suggest I must wear my county badge as an assistant referee on step 5/6 league and will continue to wear FAMOA badge unless told otherwise. I was one of the people who bought new kit at the end of last season before I'd heard anything about a badge change...
From what I've read this will be fine. The longer term vision is for AR's to be in county badges. As people L5 and below gradually renew their kit they will only be able to get the county badge.
It's only the referees at L4 and above that are no longer permitted to wear the FAMOA badge in any game Step 6 or above.

In the absence of any actual communication from the FA (at least that I've seen), can somebody please confirm which badge I should be ordering on my new kit? I'm a level 7 registered with Lancs FA, so I think that means it should be the county bagde rather than the new FA Match Official one?

You should order and wear your county badge. The suppliers of the FA MO badge will refund and cancel your order for a FA MO badge if you aren't the required level.

Back