A&H

Replacement of FAMOA badge

You should order and wear your county badge. The suppliers of the FA MO badge will refund and cancel your order for a FA MO badge if you aren't the required level.
Thank you! Presumably no issues with wearing old kits with the FAMOA badge? Don't particularly want to have to replace jackets/my changed kit too.

The Referee Store
Thank you! Presumably no issues with wearing old kits with the FAMOA badge? Don't particularly want to have to replace jackets/my changed kit too.
No issues with levels 5-7 still wearing the FAMOA badge. You just can't buy it anymore so when kit is gradually replaced it will only be able to have your county badge on it unless you achieve Level 4 or above.

I still cannot understand why there is a need to change the current system where any level referee wears the FAMOA badge or its replacement and then wears their county affiliated badge for their cup competitions.
I referee at level five and live on the border of two counties where teams from both participate in the same league but the appointments are made by the county the league is affiliated to. When you where a FAMOA badge this shows a level of neutrality whereas if you wear your county badge this gives one team the chance to question this.
We are after all whatever level referee we are, governed by the National FA so why can't we all use the same badge?

I still cannot understand why there is a need to change the current system where any level referee wears the FAMOA badge or its replacement and then wears their county affiliated badge for their cup competitions.
I referee at level five and live on the border of two counties where teams from both participate in the same league but the appointments are made by the county the league is affiliated to. When you where a FAMOA badge this shows a level of neutrality whereas if you wear your county badge this gives one team the chance to question this.
We are after all whatever level referee we are, governed by the National FA so why can't we all use the same badge?
I, together with some others, are in the business of kits and badges (not ref stop or referee store obviously)

We are selling more FAMOA badges now than ever before, vastly outselling County badges, so don’t worry too much, Referees still want, and are buying this badge in large numbers regardless of what the FA are saying.

Back