A&H

TOT v LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraemeS

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Has the VAR protocol changed? We saw a camera angle from behind the referee and at no point was he shown the Jones challenge at full speed?

The Referee Store
Has the VAR protocol changed? We saw a camera angle from behind the referee and at no point was he shown the Jones challenge at full speed?
Was thinking this. The reverse angle looked so different, like his toe made contact with the shin. The shown angle made it look like he was stamping on his ankle. VAR was very very selective and showed a still that was easily the “most red”. Is this how re-refereeing is supposed to work?

F7ShSXuX0AAOlO5

Don't think it was obvious at all. Really need to see the line drawn to confirm.

As shown above to my naked eye he looked a long way ONside. This looks like a horrible VAR mistake and I look forward to Webb explaining this one!
It was a really quick check too, right? VAR had to miss the other defender and only focused on the Spurs defender closest to Diaz.

It was a really quick check too, right? VAR had to miss the other defender and only focused on the Spurs defender closest to Diaz.
Could also be that the broadcast still was not the same moment of the pass used by VAR. We’d need the Sky editors to check and cue it up again.

…Well the Sky studio again shows Diaz looking way onside… WTF?

I am happy if an AR gets a close decision right or not. I will not be happy if the VAR show got that wrong.

…Well the Sky studio again shows Diaz looking way onside… WTF?

I am happy if an AR gets a close decision right or not. I will not be happy if the VAR show got that wrong.

The speed of the check tells me a massive error as been made by the VAR. He saw Diaz clearly offside compared to the nearby defender and check completed it to get the game going again. I hope I'm wrong but I'm going to bet the VAR and AVAR get some unpaid time off after today.

It’s either a really poor VAR call or something has been seen in the build up (but I’ve no idea what)

Skys limited focus on it is a tad confusing……..

It’s either a really poor VAR call or something has been seen in the build up (but I’ve no idea what)

Skys limited focus on it is a tad confusing……..
It was clearly signalled as offside on the pitch - if they do try to blame something else, that will have been decided retroactively not at the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back