A&H

A Madrid v City

The Referee Store
Really can’t believe that Atletico fans are booing City’s time wasting, have they never watched their own team play?

Referee had no control over that game tbh.
He allowed so much foul play to go on, which boiled over and allowed for the mass chaos at the end. Even with all of the officials they still didn't seem to control/discipline properly.

Shame we didn't see the 'headbutt' replay either. Commentators were certain another red should have been shown.

Yep, I thought the ref struggled all game. Missed plenty for both teams. Pretty much stemmed from the non yellow for felipe on foden and led to a complete loss of control

Yep, I thought the ref struggled all game. Missed plenty for both teams. Pretty much stemmed from the non yellow for felipe on foden and led to a complete loss of control
Totally agree. Nice early yellow to calm it all down. Missed opportunity.

He set his stall out early on when not cautioning Felipe for a terrible challenge on Foden. Generally I liked his approach, he wasn't falling for diving and tried to keep the game moving, but I don't think he ever at any point had it under control and he looked out of his depth unfortunately. There's a time and place for playing loads of advantages and not giving soft free kicks, and this game absolutely wasn't it.

For the flare up at the end I saw the secondary challenge on Foden by Felipe real time and thought it was borderline red, but certainly a caution. For whatever reason the referee missed it, but it looks like the 4th official went to talk to him and tell him to give a second caution. Savic appeared to headbut a player in the melee, and he certainly pulled Grealish's hair, both of which should be red card offences, can understand the on-pitch officals not seeing this, but what was VAR doing?

Disgraceful behaviour yet again by Athletico and the authorities really need to take action against them. Every decision, no matter how minor, they have five or six players immediately surround the referee, that isn't down to the players and rather that is absolutely coached. Likewise the technical area, Simeone has a different backroom team now but the behaviour is the same as it was with the old one. Only one common demoninator.

I feel like they'd be 'easier' to ref as a step 4/5/6 team. We'd be able to deal with their ****housing without fearing that the referee appointers wouldn't like that we'd dished out deserved cards that ended up ruining the game. UEFA and the way they want refs to ref should have a lot to answer as well

I feel like they'd be 'easier' to ref as a step 4/5/6 team. We'd be able to deal with their ****housing without fearing that the referee appointers wouldn't like that we'd dished out deserved cards that ended up ruining the game. UEFA and the way they want refs to ref should have a lot to answer as well
I would love to referee them at that level. There was a team in the Spartan South Midlands that used to play very similarly, and were regarded as a nightmare to referee. I sent off three of their players in the first half of one game, including both joint player managers, got pelters for it but fully backed by the assessor after. I don't like bullies, and teams like Athletico are just that, bullies.

I would love to referee them at that level. There was a team in the Spartan South Midlands that used to play very similarly, and were regarded as a nightmare to referee. I sent off three of their players in the first half of one game, including both joint player managers, got pelters for it but fully backed by the assessor after. I don't like bullies, and teams like Athletico are just that, bullies.

Yep absolutely, I'd happily throw the cards about and take the club mark that followed without a care in the world.

I was saying the same. The behaviour of AM would have pi$$3d me off so much there would be at least 3 people in the sin bin at grassroots level.

It felt like one of those Atletico nights that needed Felix Brych or Kuipers to get though without a ton of issues. Otherwise these feels like the type of game you're going to get with Simeone no matter what.

City don't get to moan about time wasting or play acting for a while!
If you'd swapped shirts I have struggled to point out which team were the "dirty foreigners".
Actually makes me even more certain they'll win it this year. They've got the street smarts.

Back