A&H

Ajax VAR Red

Some PL grounds don't have a big screen, and don't have anywhere to put one. Like Goodison Park, but there are others.
Well this is awkward...

JS62150830.jpg
Note the big screen in the corner 😜

I thought you had to have one for ground grading. I am sure it was one of the reasons we had ours upgraded... That, and it was long long over due.

The Referee Store
Man United and Liverpool don't have them according to quick Google search.

I might have meant Liverpool, right City wrong team … :)

Although in reality you are going to have a job seeing a decision on the screen from the stand that photo is taken from. And if you are in the stand behind the other goal you certainly won't see it at all, and probably the same for most of the stand to the left. Would only really work with stadiums like Wembley with two massive screens at either end.

And a beautiful stadium it is too. Sad to see things like that be crushed and replaced out of town by sterile lego block efforts

its a total isolated and rare incident but there was that Iranain ref who made some big call years back in a WC and only recently was vindicated for it, VAR would have said he was wrong at the time. Only the ref could see what he saw at the time (which in years to come has proven to be correct). Found it, Norway v Brazil. Only the ref could see what he saw real time.
US Ref. 1998 World Cup.

FIFA TV did a nice little interview thing with him a couple of years ago (amusingly, this is the second tie in two days that I've discussed this video... heh).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-lNODXuA6k

Yes I watched it again after posting the comments, its a good story and one which should install courage in us all at all levels.

Back