A&H

At what age group should you introduce cards

The Referee Store
With the 6 second, it's about do you think being the only one who enforces it without any warning be fair to the teams? (BC would know the answer 😂)

If you are going to be the odd one out (and I don't mean this in a bad way) the least you should do is to give the keeper a warning. If every referee was following the 6 second limit, I would have no hesitation to call it on 7 without hesitation or warning (just like I do in futsal on 5 seconds every time).

Thanks for the replys I had a situation on Saturday when a 11 yr old said shut up I don't care when I was trying to explain my decision on a foul he committed. I ended up giving him a yellow. Is this correct decision?

Thanks for the replys I had a situation on Saturday when a 11 yr old said shut up I don't care when I was trying to explain my decision on a foul he committed. I ended up giving him a yellow. Is this correct decision?
It's not a requirement to fully explain every decision, so it might sometimes be smarter to follow his advice if he's not going to listen! ;) But yeah, I think yellow is probably the right level of sanction for that once he's said it.

I doubt most u18s know they can't enter the FOP without the referee's permission, so the chances an u11 will are highly unlikely. For me, the blame lies squarely with his manager. Regardless of the LOTG, the manager should be giving you a shout out of courtesy at the very least.

Whilst I started carding at u13s, had an u11s told me to shut up, wouldn't have hesitated giving them a yellow in return.

Youngest red was at u14. Following a last minute winner, goalscorer decided to goad the keeper. Called him over for "a chat", he continued to walk away whilst telling me to "F Off", responded with a loud blast of my fox40, followed by a shout of "no8 come here now" and gave him the walk of shame. Manager couldn't have been more apologetic after full time whilstle. 😁

What did you give him a yellow for?
Sounds like dissent.
So did you sin bin him?

Back