A&H

Best watch

Had two Spinstos and yes I used the extra time function. Each lasted just over two years. Looking for a better alternative as the buzz/ vibrate and big digits are the main features I want. Thanks for the advice on alternative guys.
Hate the big face of it. Love the buzz and extra time feature.
Like that the clock finishes at the end of extra time rather than one watch tell me it's full time then I have to keep checking to see when allotted ex. time is up.

Reactions: one
The Referee Store
Thanks everyone. I currently use a Samsung smart watch with the refsix app which is excellent, does kill the battery though, also worried about using it in heavy rain. Hence why I'm after an alternative.

Had two Spinstos and yes I used the extra time function. Each lasted just over two years. Looking for a better alternative as the buzz/ vibrate and big digits are the main features I want. Thanks for the advice on alternative guys.
The buzz is the killer feature for me.

That the clock keeps running through half time and at 90 is also great (we rarely have 15 min halftimes so this works well).

As well as the time zone change, it is also a silly design thing that you have to set the Spinsto to 3 halves so it doesn't stop! I guess it's probably a high cost, low margin thing, but it does seem like they could have done one more iteration (easy battery swap!) and made something really good!

Thanks everyone. I currently use a Samsung smart watch with the refsix app which is excellent, does kill the battery though, also worried about using it in heavy rain. Hence why I'm after an alternative.
I use an apple watch just now with refsix but be lucky if the battery would last 2 games. Probably should look at getting something specific for refereeing

I can see the topic has been answered, but thought I'd chip in in any case;

Was bought a COROS Pace 2 recently for my birthday.

GPS on it is ridiculously accurate, so am looking forward to testing it on the field. Battery life is 2 weeks+, GPS battery life is superb.

If I run for 30 minutes it'll drop 1-2%, whereas on the Fitbit it will drop 10-30%. My Fitbit was dropping from 100% to 23% end of a game, so...

The battery lasts so long because heart rate is tracked in 15 minute intervals (constant when you're on exercise mode) and the backlight is off unless it's nighttime (or you switch it on permanently). Also, it is devoid of crap that a lot of modern smart watches add.

I've been pleasantly surprised with it so far, it's a ridiculously packed watch for the price (£179). No RefSix integration or touchscreen though., but it will link up with Strava or chest strap heart rate monitors. Definitely a watch brand that I'll keep an eye on for the future to see how they progress.

Always take to the field with your backup dumb watch from ARGOS for a tenner though, they last forever and you know something will happen on the field that'll mess things up, so a backup watch is always handy. :D

In terms of GPS I’ve used a variety, the best were my Polar V800 (I had 2 over 8 or 9 years) and now my Polar Vantage that I got around feb 2020. But both are on the expensive side.

I never got on with Apple watches for refereeing, but that was more to do with touch screens and stuff and personal preference.

In terms of a normal watch Spintso gets my vote, I’ve had mine since I first qualified in 2014, and I also have a Casio (I forget the model) that I got from someone on here for £25 (I think) that is my back up.

The Only think I’ve noticed with the Spintso is that some of the buttons have started to get a bit stiff.

As advice to the many new referees joining this forum, most referees at local football level use something like the £9.99 Casio from Argos which has a stopwatch and lap time facility as well as being a normal wristwatch. Plastic strap so less likely to cause injury in the event of accidental contact with anyone.

I got new polar vantage M today can i use the gps to tracking my running on the field? Anyone have this model please ..

I got new polar vantage M today can i use the gps to tracking my running on the field? Anyone have this model please ..

i have the polar M430, think the vantage M is a much higher spec than mine and i come off the pitch with a trace of where i've run on the game

1618323248607.png

I have the vantage V
In short answer is yes.
Long answer, in the app or on polar flow you need to set a sport profile and then configure what u want to track.
For example, for reffing, and indeed playing (hidden from ref of course) I have soccer.
I track speed instead of pace, heart rate, and total distance. And lap distance, a lap being one half.

I use the apple watch and refsix. The only problem is that it doesn't work very well in the wet - it can be impossible to get it to register your finger swipes/presses. I have a casio backup.

I had a spinsto and it was great until it broke (after about 4 years). They're much cheaper now than when I bought mine.

I have the vantage V
In short answer is yes.
Long answer, in the app or on polar flow you need to set a sport profile and then configure what u want to track.
For example, for reffing, and indeed playing (hidden from ref of course) I have soccer.
I track speed instead of pace, heart rate, and total distance. And lap distance, a lap being one half.
What the type of training do u pick in polar watch when u start the game when i choose “running” it shows me the duration as 00:00:00 so my question what is the comfortable “picks” in polar watches for referees

What the type of training do u pick in polar watch when u start the game when i choose “running” it shows me the duration as 00:00:00 so my question what is the comfortable “picks” in polar watches for referees
I use soccer. I assume you have dtge sport profile not set right meaning it is counting something else. Perhaps pause when stationary??

Back