A&H

Can anyone confirm the actual colour this is??

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Only basing this on the pic I see in front of me, but, is black undergarments, worn on kit which unless I am missing something, is, white, grey, with a flash of red, i.e no black at all????

Attachments

• 5534d30c-c08e-4814-a1e7-b9e8719e7f3e.jpg
    5534d30c-c08e-4814-a1e7-b9e8719e7f3e.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 68
The Referee Store
Gunna be a pedant and say its dark grey. Which matches thengrey on the sleeve. Which iirc is also wrong as it should be the main colour of the sleeve. Shorts are wrong wrong wrong.

Gunna be a pedant and say its dark grey. Which matches thengrey on the sleeve. Which iirc is also wrong as it should be the main colour of the sleeve. Shorts are wrong wrong wrong.

It must have been passed as ok by someone, it just stands out as, well, not the same colour as the sleeve at all!! Cant recall seeing anything as awkward looking as this at top level for a while

Am not big on trivial matters but, this has to be some kind of circumventing of kit laws. I suppose though both are, grey.
Very diff shades of grey but still...
there are 5 in that pic above, which in isolation, if I was asked what colour I see, I would say black.

Quite clearly the shirt and shorts shouldn't be allowed. Doesn't matter that it might be dark grey on very light grey - they're supposed to be matching, or near enough. It very clearly doesn't.
Whether it's going to look grey or have a colour hue will depend on the monitor one is using and how the computer is set up. But the exact colour I don't even think is relevant. Dark underkit, very light kit - no go

Actually, I've thought for a while that this might prove to be a problem with this part of the law, ever since this amendment was brought in. There are so many different hues used in football kits these days (including those which fade or merge gradually into different colours) and in general, undergarments tend to come in a much smaller range of colours. So it's not always going to be possible to find undergarments that completely match the shirt or shorts (or even to say, for shirt sleeves for instance, which is the main colour).

In any event, at least as far as the tops go, it depends which image you look at - in this one, I think you might feel that the undershirts do match the main colour of the sleeve.IMG_20181207_131325.png

For the shorts/undershorts, you obviously can't make the same point but if I can play devil's advocate for a moment, I could point out that I see light grey and dark grey and while the law says the colour must be the same, it doesn't say it has to be the exact same shade of the same colour. They are admittedly quite different shades of grey but I'm wondering if that's technically illegal.

Last edited:
Yes, it’s the same kit and game. The sleeve has 2 colours on it- a light grey to the front (matching the front of the shirt) and a darker grey side/back

Back