A&H

Dress Code: Sensible clothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So game Saturday afternoon at a local ground - referee said Sensible clothing, no jeans or tracksuits.

What would you wear? My last 2 games where there has been a dress code - I felt under dressed, as the others both had suits on. Was thinking of wearing a suit with a jumper underneath, so if the others are not wearing a blazer - I can take mine off so I don't look to over dressed!

The Referee Store
Most straightforward thing to do is just to message him back and ask if suits and ties are required?

You'd probably get his number in your county FA or league handbook.

His description leads you know where but a suit or arrive in kit. I'd go for a suit.

As others have said best to get clarification from the referee himself which you're on the way to doing.

It's better to be over dressed than under dressed. And if you're not sure, ask! I'm sure the ref sec or middle ref won't bite your head off for asking.

So game Saturday afternoon at a local ground - referee said Sensible clothing, no jeans or tracksuits.

What would you wear? My last 2 games where there has been a dress code - I felt under dressed, as the others both had suits on. Was thinking of wearing a suit with a jumper underneath, so if the others are not wearing a blazer - I can take mine off so I don't look to over dressed!
images.jpg

Lets stay classy!!! ;)

A jumper with a suit? Are you a character from a 1970s sitcom?

Bin the jumper, wear the suit and tie and polish your shoes.

Jumpers (thin V-neck style) under blazers with shirt and tie is quite the look in Essex/London I'll have you know!

although, we all know us Londoners/Essex Boys are dapper chaps!

Jumpers (thin V-neck style) under blazers with shirt and tie is quite the look in Essex/London I'll have you know!

although, we all know us Londoners/Essex Boys are dapper chaps!

I wore a V-neck jumper over my shirt and tie to a game this season, and I'm not from London or Essex.....

My dad is though, and he told me to wear it! :p:p:p:p

I wore a V-neck jumper over my shirt and tie to a game this season, and I'm not from London or Essex.....

My dad is though, and he told me to wear it! :p:p:p:p

Nothing wrong with that as long as you didn't put a blazer or suit jacket over it! That's just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back