A&H

England v République de Colombie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a team mate banned for 12 weeks for that a few years back. Not saying that punishment was right but....

The Referee Store
I can see why that might have been seen as a yellow, the columbian player puts his head in Henderson’s chest and then brought it up and hit Henderson’s chin with the back of his head.

Not your normal style of head butt

All out dog fight, all out scrap

We need to be very cute not to come out of this on the wrong end of a stich up

Half time, they need a cold shower or the second half will be fun...

But is what football expects now, going to be fun next season if this what our new standards are.
Agreed - problem is that it's accepted throughout the game - so even if one prominent ref says "no more" and starts dealing yellows like playing cards, all that will happen is they are negatively assessed and don't get good matches in the future. For change to occur, it needs to be driven systematically and communicated at all levels.

Once that gets checked, how can VAR justify not recommended a review? Protocol, Law, making it up on the fly again

going to be fun next season if this what our new standards are.

I've already got my caution forms ready! Oh, the locals are going to love me next season if they expect games to be officiated like this World Cup! :p

Anyway, I think the referee has been weak in this half. How that headbutt wasn't a red I'll never know, but I think the management of freekicks has been awful.

Easy, AA. If the ref has to give any more detail before seeing a replay, I don't think he'd have a clue.
Agreed, that's what i'd stick it under. But this wasn't Naymar doing toddler tantrums, it is not an attitudinal issue if you drive your head into an opponents chin. Admittedly nobody got hurt, but you cannot allow that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back