A&H

FA Cup Final

george.g

Level 5 Referee
First penalty shout for Madley after 1min.

Foul on Haaland. Not given on-field and no review recommended by Oliver.

Correct decision without a doubt for me.

A&H International
Not a major point but why are the officials wearing yellow today rather than black? They’re clashing a bit with Onana

Lack of cards is a slight concern.
Masses surround Madley at every attacking free kick, the flashpoint and nothing given..
Contrast that to the Scottish final and their is 8 cards at time of writing.

Not a major point but why are the officials wearing yellow today rather than black? They’re clashing a bit with Onana
They're not clashing with Onana.
If anything the officials are wearing neon/green whilst Onana is bright yellow (all yellow for that matter, whilst officials in black shorts/socks).

Off topic, but it’s looking like another Dutch manager with a two-part last name is going to end his Manchester United management career by lifting the FA Cup…..

I read somewhere else that MU’s red and black are hard to discern for color-blind people. I do not know if that’s true or the reason for the officials wearing yellow-just something I heard.

They're not clashing with Onana.
If anything the officials are wearing neon/green whilst Onana is bright yellow (all yellow for that matter, whilst officials in black shorts/socks).
lol we would struggle as refs if we always had to wear different colour shorts and socks to players!

Not a single comment about the officials since about min. 70.

Don’t think they could’ve asked for much more - well done all round

Gvardiol should just have ignored the ball and pushed Garnacho in the back or wrestled him to the ground. Mr Madley could have been anonymous with that.

? Surely you can remove club bias and admit Madley got both pen shouts spot on

As much as I LOVE a Manchester City pile on and as rare a referee decision against them has been this season, the Haaland one was a nail on penalty. I don't even think the defender glanced at the ball. City scored shortly after anyway but I'd be furious if that were against me.
Only thing I can say is it's at least consistent with VAR not awarding a pen for anything short of murder.

I think the Referee had a decent game, although the only drawback for me was the time wasting antics from Onana which remained unpunished all game. Although a Yellow Card wouldn't have made much difference. I think I counted on 4 separate occasions at least 40 seconds to take a Goal Kick. It would be interesting to see how long the ball was actually in play for the whole game.

Back