A&H

FA Youth Cup

The Referee Store
Used to love doing FA Youth Cup (4th Qualifying Round was my best) and Women's Cup games (lined a Qtr final once).

Whisper it... but I've just made myself available for County Cup backwords...

Been drafted in for an FA youth cup match tomorrow night on the line! Been working out fairly well this MOAS lark

Do you still get email notification or do you check MOAS? I have been checking MOAS just in case.

Do you still get email notification or do you check MOAS? I have been checking MOAS just in case.

Got email notifications for both from the FA, I assume that's auto generated from MOAS. I'm surprised I got the second appointment in all honesty as I'm roughly 50 miles from the ground, considering I got the appointment the day before I must be a desperate times AR!

Not entirely sure how the system works, but I get 2 or 3 every season and am nowt special. I think it's mainly luck and availability. My County FA sent out an e mail about 5 years ago asking if I could be considered for FA appointments to which I replied "yes" (as you do). Since then, the appointments have been regular as clockwork.

Done 2 FA Cup (extra prelim and prelim) lines along with a Vase line this season already. I'm guessing that with these games being in August, many referees have closed dates and just aren't available (?) Happy to stand corrected if wrong mind .... :)

CFA's nominate a pool of levels 5, 6 and 7 to the FA every year to be used on early rounds of FA competitions. You will know if you have been nominated as you'll get an email giving you a MOAS logon.

Once nominated it sometimes comes down to postcode lottery as to what games you get, as they will pair assistants with local L4s to keep travel costs down.

Back