A&H

Fitness tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
What does a fitness test for the fire brigade looks like?
Last time I was involved they had a good number of work related fitness tests involved, running out fire hose repetitively was one, strength and agility involved in another, working on ladders and wearing breathing apparatus in simulated fire conditions another.

Last time I was involved they had a good number of work related fitness tests involved, running out fire hose repetitively was one, strength and agility involved in another, working on ladders and wearing breathing apparatus in simulated fire conditions another.
wisdom-early-bird_1732085i.jpg
Why do I have this image in my mind Minty!! :)

Anyone had their tests today? Congrats to all who passed today or last month and good luck to those still to do it in August

Well done, me too mate. Best of luck for the season, which pool are you on now?

Yorkshire mate

You?

Saw three guys turned away for incorrect blood pressure cards (one a 3). Poor form

Yorkshire mate

You?

Saw three guys turned away for incorrect blood pressure cards (one a 3). Poor form
North west combined! Yeah I overheard one guy in the toilet, saying the nurse told him it was perfect for his age! I mean that's just bad, check what they sent you in the email!!

Boxed mine off last month.

On blood pressure My GP charges 20 quid for the BP as a private consultation so I had a pharmacist do it for free. There's no excuse for not getting that part of the test right.

Well done @Nalbi and @es1 - hate to have been out in this weather doing it.

Boxed mine off last month.

On blood pressure My GP charges 20 quid for the BP as a private consultation so I had a pharmacist do it for free. There's no excuse for not getting that part of the test right.

Well done @Nalbi and @es1 - hate to have been out in this weather doing it.
Well done folks. Got mine sorted a few weeks back at Brentwood, so was out this morning helping some of my Supply League assistants get round theirs ... made the mistake of wearing a yellow T-Shirt so get attacked by insects :eek:

Well done folks. Got mine sorted a few weeks back at Brentwood, so was out this morning helping some of my Supply League assistants get round theirs ... made the mistake of wearing a yellow T-Shirt so get attacked by insects :eek:
Out of interest, did they take into account the weather conditions? Arguably dangerous to push oneself when it's 30C+
Also, what is the blood pressure requirement?

Out of interest, did they take into account the weather conditions? Arguably dangerous to push oneself when it's 30C+
Also, what is the blood pressure requirement?
It wouldnt quite have hit 30c in most places at the time of test but would still have been quite warm. They are very strict, or certainly have been at the ones I have attended, on the 12 min and distance covered. You get to try again if you fail.
Max BP 140/90

It wouldnt quite have hit 30c in most places at the time of test but would still have been quite warm. They are very strict, or certainly have been at the ones I have attended, on the 12 min and distance covered. You get to try again if you fail.
Max BP 140/90
Thanks for the info
I've done the numbers before (Cooper Test when training for a half marathon), but today's heat would have been a red card for me
BP > 140/90, infers low chance of passing the test anyway

I’ve always had lower pressure reading whenever I’ve had a blood pressure test. Is that good or not? Maybe it a trait of being cool under pressure!!!

My BP is always fine, around 115/80, that is until I go and get it measured when it sky rockets. One time the GP was so concerned she got me to wear a wrist based monitor for a few days, which proved there is nothing wrong with my BP.

I actually used to find getting the BP test done harder than the fitness test itself. Fair to say I do not missing having to do that every year one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back