A&H

fox 40 fuZiun

Status
Not open for further replies.

jofusref

RefChat Addict
well the good/not so good things are worth waiting for, i honestly believe fox 40 have found a worse
sounding whistle than the fox pearl i think this whistle is awful, and expensive just my opinion but
its a no from me i bought it from america got hit with an import fee not a good purchase

The Referee Store
any of the other fox 40 range are good just not this one and the horrible sounding fox pearl for some reason

Just gave my fox40 classic a go, ref’d some 6 aside & used it, took a while to get used to it tbh.

It’s so light and feels like the sound isn’t coming out of it even so it’s busting my eardrums every time I blew.

After a while I got the hang of it I think but I’m not convinced I’m still happier with my old school pea whistle but I’ll persist with the fox40 over the summer, it’s just you blow and feels like nothings processing through the whistle.

Just gave my fox40 classic a go, ref’d some 6 aside & used it, took a while to get used to it tbh.

It’s so light and feels like the sound isn’t coming out of it even so it’s busting my eardrums every time I blew.

After a while I got the hang of it I think but I’m not convinced I’m still happier with my old school pea whistle but I’ll persist with the fox40 over the summer, it’s just you blow and feels like nothings processing through the whistle.
you are possibly not blowing it properly, takes practice, there are some good tutorials on youtube

you are possibly not blowing it properly, takes practice, there are some good tutorials on youtube

If i didn’t think to much about it I got a decent sound out of it, but if I gave it to much thought I was over blowing etc.

I think I’ll get there eventually tbh if it doesn’t work out & I stick to the old school pea whistle the only bonus is no other referee I know use the pea they’re all on the piercing new sound (say new probably not but it is compared to the old pea sound from the school playground)

If i didn’t think to much about it I got a decent sound out of it, but if I gave it to much thought I was over blowing etc.

I think I’ll get there eventually tbh if it doesn’t work out & I stick to the old school pea whistle the only bonus is no other referee I know use the pea they’re all on the piercing new sound (say new probably not but it is compared to the old pea sound from the school playground)

You have to use your tongue

If you are struggling with the fox 40... (I feel your pain) then pick up a sonik blast... far far easier to get the desired sound you are looking flr and incredibly flexible for tone, loudness, and an expert at multiple blasts when needed.

If you are struggling with the fox 40... (I feel your pain) then pick up a sonik blast... far far easier to get the desired sound you are looking flr and incredibly flexible for tone, loudness, and an expert at multiple blasts when needed.

Problem being you can’t try before u buy :(

Problem being you can’t try before u buy :(
You might come across a referee who has one who might let u have a go...
Its just trial and error. I went through a fox 40 and acme thunderer before finding the blast. The thing with the sonik blast is it doesnt need the tongue technique - it works better with it but its not a pre requisite of getting a good sound out of it. If you are gunna chance on a new whistle this is the one to chance on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back