A&H

France vs England

PK or not it was a foul and the ref has done himself no favours in considering only if a PK or not. Add that to a couple of other dubious calls within 10yds of the French penalty area and it's not been the best start. (By any of the massive refereeing team)

The Referee Store
Even if it was outside, I remember a different game where a penalty review occurred but a free kick was given as a foul appeared to happen before the pen shout shown on VAR.
Surely the ref can check and deem if its in or out himself and give accordingly.

Even if it was outside, I remember a different game where a penalty review occurred but a free kick was given as a foul appeared to happen before the pen shout shown on VAR.
Surely the ref can check and deem if its in or out himself and give accordingly.
The VaR can only send it down if the VAR believes it is clear and obvious it is a PK. But if it is sent down, the R can decide the foul occurred but was outside. It’s a quirk.

Terrible dropped ball. The players are toying with him. They know the law. It’s a little thing where you want the referee to show authority.

The goal - yes, foul on Saka, but can VAR go back that far?
The penalty - I presume first contact outside.

But both cases there is an AR and ref and they should be spotting these easy fouls in a match this big.

The foul on Saka is right in front of the AR and he has nothing else to look at. Poor.

In the EPL they wouldnt go back that far which is maybe why England weren't complaining more. The lack of reaction probably influences the VAR.

Terrible dropped ball. The players are toying with him. They know the law. It’s a little thing where you want the referee to show authority.

But both cases there is an AR and ref and they should be spotting these easy fouls in a match this big.

The foul on Saka is right in front of the AR and he has nothing else to look at. Poor.

Yeah you definitely can. Until England win the ball back its still reviewable

Assistant referee only need to say foul down the Comms. He's just looking at the referee and doesn't appear to be offering an opinion. 🤷‍♂️

Back