A&H

Halifax v Chesterfield

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Watching this on National League TV ...

Pitch is beyond shocking.
Halifax striker rounds Chesterfield keeper and side foots towards the goal for it to slow massively down and the Chesterfield player time to get back to clear.

I actually don't think I've seen Sunday morning pitches this bad.

I've taken pictures from phone of the TV monitor.

This plays whilst the Dundee game was called off....

PXL_20240320_200004939.jpgPXL_20240320_200050863.jpgPXL_20240320_200101389.jpg

The Referee Store
Not great but it's the same for many pitches and grounds around the country.
The rainfall this winter has been insane and pitches just aren't coping with it.

Impossible to see from those stills whether the ball is bouncing or running freely. It clearly wasn't in the Dundee vs Rangers game as even the Rangers manager said it wasn't bouncing.

What TV wants TV gets.... For Halifax, this would have been good money

What TV wants TV gets.... For Halifax, this would have been good money
Not so sure that's the case here. It's the streaming service rather than TV broadcast so, presumably, less pressure to get the game on.

As a result of the poor weather and the game going ahead the other night, todays game against Ebbsfleet postponed just 50 minutes before kick off.

As a result of the poor weather and the game going ahead the other night, todays game against Ebbsfleet postponed just 50 minutes before kick off.
To be fair, ref got held up, m62 was closed all morning and hd was coming from Manchester way. Horrendous traffic.

To be fair, ref got held up, m62 was closed all morning and hd was coming from Manchester way. Horrendous traffic.
Lesson: Leave adequate allowences for traffic and closures. If it takes 4 1/2 hours to get somewhere, allow 5 or 6 minimum.

There's certain contingencies you can allow for. Total closure of the m62 leaves very limited diversion options. Can't imagine this is on the ref. It was closed from very early this morning

Lesson: Leave adequate allowences for traffic and closures. If it takes 4 1/2 hours to get somewhere, allow 5 or 6 minimum.
It isn't that straight forward. I was 4th official at Dartford years ago, that's 30 miles and should be no more than an hour. I left at 4:30, I arrived after the scheduled kick off, as did the entire Barnet team as their coach was caught up behind me.

It isn't that straight forward. I was 4th official at Dartford years ago, that's 30 miles and should be no more than an hour. I left at 4:30, I arrived after the scheduled kick off, as did the entire Barnet team as their coach was caught up behind me.
I have to admit these are things I didn't really think about. The furthest I've been asked to travel so far was in the region of 30/40 miles, so it is a lot easier to find other routes. When it's the whole of the M62, I can imagine that probably was very difficult.

Back