A&H

Hazard's Weird Trip Defenders Trick

OldNavyRef

Level 5 Referee

Watch the first highlight. It looks like Hazard is deliberately tripping the defenders.

Could this be a foul?

The Referee Store
In most of those cases Hazard is shielding the ball whilst it is in playing distance. It does result in the opponent tripping, but it's normal football contact and (just) within LOTG for me.

In most of those cases Hazard is shielding the ball whilst it is in playing distance. It does result in the opponent tripping, but it's normal football contact and (just) within LOTG for me.
There is a couple of them though where it looks a touch more sinister and almost a deliberate leg stuck out to trip the defender, but even so it's still an incredibly difficult sell to call it a foul.

Agree but very difficult to sell, so not being given if I'm the ref in that situation.

Hazard was at the out there zenith of the game and i'm doing u10 -16 so have never seen this and probably wont ever encounter it, but if i ever get a mini Hazard on the pitch and it does something looking like that at 21 secs its a foul. I think its a foul, it looks like a clear trip, so foul in case I ever encounter a mini Hazard. Unless there is something I am missing in the laws of the game?

Hazard was at the out there zenith of the game and i'm doing u10 -16 so have never seen this and probably wont ever encounter it, but if i ever get a mini Hazard on the pitch and it does something looking like that at 21 secs its a foul. I think its a foul, it looks like a clear trip, so foul in case I ever encounter a mini Hazard. Unless there is something I am missing in the laws of the game?
No I don't think so. I agree in those age groups I'd be going foul, but then, at that age, the expectation is that pretty much everything is a foul if there is contact with the player. If it were U15s or above I wouldn't give it.

Back