A&H

How long before Coronavirus impacts Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they do decide to ban large gatherings, e.g. playing football matches behind closed doors or not playing them at all, I wonder what will happen to the club's affected.

I imagine most club's in the EFL and below don't have much money to rely on if they're not getting gate receipts. If the worse happens could we see the end of a lot of club's due to financial problems brought about indirectly by the virus.

The Referee Store
From the BBC article it seems like they think it won't actually do much good anyway. I am concerned because I count as high-risk if I get infected, and there's been confirmed cases here locally this morning, so I really dread putting myself out there and into a situation where I might get it. (Then again, I could stay home and get it so who knows.)
Errr.... yeh gonna get it anyway
All that's happening, is that this likely outcome is being delayed

Like it or not I think that this season has a very real threat of a blanket cancellation.
Multiple events have already been cancelled and individuals are in self isolation.

International and Domestic event organisers must be having a nightmare and I can easily see the Euros postponed. Formula 1 organisers must be genuinely worrying about their season.

Italy, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, USA are all suspended. Gazing into my crystal ball I would be surprised if we have football fixtures in England after March...

This feels like when you wake up early on a saturday or sunday morning knowing your game will be called off but you need to wake up just incase it's not.

I was going to St James's Park (possibly) on Saturday, me thinks it may be the last chance in a while to see a game in the flesh!!!
Are they still self isolating at half time and not bothering staying to watch the second half ;)

I was going to St James's Park (possibly) on Saturday, me thinks it may be the last chance in a while to see a game in the flesh!!!
Are they still self isolating at half time and not bothering staying to watch the second half ;)
You won't make it to your seat as even if the game goes ahead you'll die while climbing up to level 7.

We only have 100 positives in Finland... following the national FA announcement yesterday, all football is closing here. My games tonight and this weekend cancelled, waiting to hear how long the closure is going to be (at first), all youth footy clubs closing, the kids' other clubs like gymnastics etc. also closing.

Looks like initially until end of March.

I fully expect the Premier League to knock it on the head and announce it in a couple of hours.

I fully expect the Premier League to knock it on the head and announce it in a couple of hours.

And since they want a unified approach, I expect the FA will suspend all football shortly afterwards. If it survives, I think that this will the last weekend of football for 2-3 weeks.:alien::alien::alien::alien::dead:

All Scottish games suspended now. Right on the Glasgow derby weekend 😭 my referee career is over before it’s even started

Can't the all just play with masks?

If they played, and somebody had it, they would be holding each other at corners.:eek:

And stand 1 metre apart...(like the England ladies defended against Spain!)

Reactions: one
Fair play though to the Sheff Wednesday fans who’ve been self isolating for the second half of most games since Xmas! ❤️⚔️❤️

Looking at the stupendously drastic measures put in place by some other countries, I think the UK Government has been measured, sensible and intelligent in their tactics
However, organisations are now ignoring the Government's guidance and shutting down anyway. Looks like grass roots football is England has just started caving in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back