A&H

Howdy!

FinalWhistle

Armchair Referee
I'm a regular guy who watches Premiere League, Champions League, plus a bit of Serie A football and have an interest in the finer points* of the Laws and reffing decisions. I came across this site while looking up a reffing decision while watching a match. It looks great and I like the XenForo software this runs on, the same as on my forum, see siggy.

I look forward to getting to getting to know you all. 🙂

*For example, the other day, I saw the ball hit the corner flag post and bounce back in. I thought that would lead to the match stopping and restarting, similarly to it hitting the ref, but no, it kept going, which I didn't think was quite right, since in every place other than a corner flag post, the ball would go out and play would stop. It's edge cases like this which I find especially interesting, so I like finding and discussing them.

The Referee Store
The flag is on the apex of goal line and touch line, making it as much a part of the playing area as the goal posts and crossbar are.

It’s rare it’ll bounce back in, typically going over the goaline for a goal kick/corner or out for a throw.

Welcome to the madhouse! As others have said, the correct decision was made under Law 9. We discuss pretty much everything when it comes to refereeing so get settled in!

Although weirdly exactly this happened in my match on Saturday pm.
Also happened in my match on Easter weekend from a very miskicked shot. Muggins here was stood with his arm out signalling a goal kick. Lesson learned 😂

(Not signalling a goal kick as I thought that was the law obviously, just because I assumed it was going out for a GK and signalled too early)

Muggins here was stood with his arm out signalling a goal kick.

Snap! 😂

Mine was a real shanked clearance that looked like it was going out for a corner. It bounced, span wildly and then hit the flag and plopped in the corner. I'm stood there with my arm in the air. I styled it out into a stretch! 😂

None of the players noticed the ball was still in play and some were even moving to set up for the corner. I shouted "balls still in play fellas" which caused a mad dash from a few towards the corner.

Loving these c-cup confessions. Keep 'em coming lads - the more potentially career ending the better! 😁
If we're sharing mishaps, I had one in a cup semi in March with NAR's (2nd in 3 weeks in 1st season I'll add 😁) where both me and lino signalled for a corner before ball went out :facepalm:. Went down well when one team then scored off the cross when they realised it hadn't.

Back