A&H

Ingerland v Tunisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of; See the Belgium match, where one of the Panama players had Lukaku in a bear hug for almost every set piece. The referee didn't deal with it at all, and it was asking for trouble. But VAR didn't get involved.

So this is basically the second match tonight where you can wrestle players for free. - I can see on the BBC some of the older pundits aren't amused about it. It just shows the inconsistency is still going to be there even if you bring technology like VAR into the mix.
I wonder since AR's have been directed to not flag close offside and let VAR address it if they have any doubt, if VAR has also been directed to leave holding in the PA to CR. There is hardly a corner taken at this level without any holding occurring. I'd wager any replay would find a hold. The tackle of Kane was pretty bad though. Based upon angle, proximity to ball and crowd between CR and Kane, I dont like the miss but understand it

Last edited:
The Referee Store
I wonder since AR's have been directed to not flag close offside if they have any doubt, if VAR HSE been directed to leave holding in the PA to CR. There is hardly a corner taken at this level without any holding occurring. I'd wager any replay would find a hold. The tackle of Kane was pretty bad though. Based upon angle, proximity to ball and crowd between CR and Kane, I dont like the miss but understand it
I think there's been a general trend recently of taking responsibility away from AR's - right back to the formal abolition of the penalty signal. Wouldn't surprise me at all if standard FIFIA pre-match now says to stay out of all penalty decisions as much as possible.

I think there's been a general trend recently of taking responsibility away from AR's - right back to the formal abolition of the penalty signal. Wouldn't surprise me at all if standard FIFIA pre-match now says to stay out of all penalty decisions as much as possible.

With headsets now its pretty clear that ARs are more involved than ever with PK decisions.

Lino delays flag to then give an incorrect decision when the game goes dead.

England been done up good & proper tonight, like a kipper.

Young at wingback your having a bubble Gareth, I could keep up with him.

Lino delays flag to then give an incorrect decision when the game goes dead.

England been done up good & proper tonight, like a kipper.

Had Dele scored and VAR been able to give the goal, you would have been dancing in your living room about the whole delayed flag thing. :)

Give Henderson all the free kicks and corners. He's the best passer in the side and he has to be better than Young and Trip.

Still no Vardy?

Give Henderson all the free kicks and corners. He's the best passer in the side and he has to be better than Young and Trip.

Still no Vardy?
True, but he's also tall and probably one of the best from 20ish yards on the second ball. I don't think corners have been terrible, but agree on the FK's

Pack your bags ref you’ve done the badge a disservice

10 yrds ref

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back