A&H

Kit clash

The Referee Store
Oh no - one of the attackers seems to have snuck on goalkeeping gloves and stopped a teammate from scoring! ;)

From what I read, it was camera picking colours up badly, and FGR have a dark green appearance, rather than the lighter one shown. Not sure

Must be the cameras. FGR's kit is green and black, Birmingham's keeper top is yellow.

1674062479801.png

Last edited:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64307528

I think a referee should suggest a change of kit at this level?
Problem would have been that Birmingham's team sheet would have said keeper in yellow, Forest Green's would have said players in green and black. Unless you actually see the kits you aren't going to flag a problem until it is too late, a referee at that level isn't going to want to send the keeper back in to change at that point. And given Birmingham's reserve keeper shirt is green that might not have been an option anyway.

I agree, but what preparation goes on during the week on pre-match. Watch teams for tactics etc? What are team colours? What are goalkeeper colour & spare shirt colour? At elite level, wouldn’t this be on the checklist during the week? The Dog & Duck email me team colours & goalkeeper shirt colour during the week😁

I agree, but what preparation goes on during the week on pre-match. Watch teams for tactics etc? What are team colours? What are goalkeeper colour & spare shirt colour? At elite level, wouldn’t this be on the checklist during the week? The Dog & Duck email me team colours & goalkeeper shirt colour during the week😁
Kit colours, including for the referee, are all sorted in advance by the EPL / EFL / FA ahead of the game at that level. And still doesn't fix the problem as FGR will be listed as green & black and Birmingham keeper yellow. I suspect no one actually thought this was a problem at the game and it only looks debatable on TV.

Back