A&H

Liverpool-Inter

Ben448844

RefChat Addict
Watching the Liverpool v Inter game. Ridiculous tackles for Sanchez and 2 easy yellows make a cherry.

But what really strikes me is Lahoz's AR on the near side. He runs the line whilst being several yards on the pitch when play is on the other side. Also, when there was a potential scuffle he sprinted towards the incident. Its obviously the way they do things, it just looks bizzare

The Referee Store
Plenty of phantom fouls and missed fouls I thought. One likely wrong nearside offside. The red card was OK. But it wasn't great from the ref.

(Though the real stinker was TAA who went missing completely for three minutes, ending with the goal. No wonder he doesn't get into the England team. It was slack. He was saved by the red. He didn't have to defend again.)

Plenty of phantom fouls and missed fouls I thought. One likely wrong nearside offside. The red card was OK. But it wasn't great from the ref.

(Though the real stinker was TAA who went missing completely for three minutes, ending with the goal. No wonder he doesn't get into the England team. It was slack. He was saved by the red. He didn't have to defend again.)
He missed all sorts of fouls - especially on Salah - I thought it was just the english refs who had an agenda against him but I guess it goes as far as Europe as well.

With regards to TAA, he is expected to push high especially when Liverpool have the ball - its the way its done nowadays (see Cancelo at City or James at Chelsea). The biggest problem for the goal was Matip trying to play a risky path up the line leaving a massive space between him and VVD so that when the ball was turned over there was the possibility of a quick transistion. Of course the strike was pretty amazing!

He missed all sorts of fouls - especially on Salah - I thought it was just the english refs who had an agenda against him but I guess it goes as far as Europe as well.

With regards to TAA, he is expected to push high especially when Liverpool have the ball - its the way its done nowadays (see Cancelo at City or James at Chelsea). The biggest problem for the goal was Matip trying to play a risky path up the line leaving a massive space between him and VVD so that when the ball was turned over there was the possibility of a quick transistion. Of course the strike was pretty amazing!
Wrong site pal. These sort of posts belong on a fans forum!!

There is no agenda, he is just earned himself a reputation as a player who dives, or goes down with minimal contact and as such any ref who has prepared properly for a game will be acutely aware of it.

No agenda right? Ok I'll put this image here and then not saying anything more.

View attachment 5501
OK this is the situation in 2019/20 - its only got slighty better for Salah but I am sure you can draw your own conclusions on this.
Again wrong site.
I would have entertained the discussion by pointing out where you are going wrong, but as mentioned already, this is the wrong site for it.

Wrong site pal. These sort of posts belong on a fans forum!!

There is no agenda, he is just earned himself a reputation as a player who dives, or goes down with minimal contact and as such any ref who has prepared properly for a game will be acutely aware of it.
There was one not given foul on Salah late on which I think could go in the book as the definition of a reckless charge (deliberate shoulder/elbow into his back with a decent run-up, no attempt to play the ball), where it came across as though the ref has just completely switched off, and the AR it happened directly in front of wasn't willing to flag. That was an awful "anti-Liverpool" no-call and I think it's tainted a lot of fans assessment of the refereeing performance.

I'm a known Lahoz sceptic, but I think up to and including the red card, he was on track for an excellent game, including managing a medical incident in the crowd well in the first half. But after the red, his bar on fouls was all over the place - he went very fussy for a while, resulting in both teams getting frustrated, then loosened up massively for about 20 minutes giving the sense of almost anything goes, then again went fussy to close the game out resulting in two Inter yellows for fouls that were less serious than a few he hadn't even blown for (albeit Bastoni's could easily have been PI).

I don't see a Liverpool/Inter bias at all, I just see a ref who was doing really well, gave a second yellow and then lost his way a bit for the remainder of the game.

As a fan, I got to say I thought the second yellow card was harsh and it ruined the game. For me the follow through was not in any way reckless and at worst its a foul. I think in the PL most refs won't give a second yellow for that.

Unless of course he still had the first yellow in his mind because I thought Sanchez was fortunate not to recieve a red card for that. I would definately class that as an 'orange card tackle' at the very least.

There was one moment in the second half where the commentators were aghast the ref gave a goal kick to Inter instead of a corner to Liverpool and after replays shown the ref was right, the commentator went he must of had help from his assistent even though the assistant was not on that side where the ball went out! Just bizzare commentary. I'm also sure there opinion on the red card would be different if it was a Liverpool player.

There was one moment in the second half where the commentators were aghast the ref gave a goal kick to Inter instead of a corner to Liverpool and after replays shown the ref was right, the commentator went he must of had help from his assistent even though the assistant was not on that side where the ball went out! Just bizzare commentary.
Sums up football commentary in general. Always looking for controversy and the language they use when negative is dreadful.

If there's a tight call that the officials get right, they'll start with "that's a really tight one" then when the officials are proven right it's "they just about got that right" as opposed to "that's a really good decision"

It just feeds the negative outlook on referees that filters down through the game.

Sums up football commentary in general. Always looking for controversy and the language they use when negative is dreadful.

If there's a tight call that the officials get right, they'll start with "that's a really tight one" then when the officials are proven right it's "they just about got that right" as opposed to "that's a really good decision"

It just feeds the negative outlook on referees that filters down through the game.
Exactly, commentators can go "oooh, I don't know about that, it's tight, let's look at a replay". That's not an option for the referee, any decision must be binary: is/isn't a foul, gk/corner etc.

And they can't even be seen to be hesitant as players will just jump on that - it's why I take particular issue with fans and commentators accusing referees of being "arrogant". Yes, that's the persona we're forced to put on to try and stop idiots screaming at us. Very occasionally you can get away with being honest, but do that too often or in the wrong game and you'll get every future decision pressurised.

Guys my bad on the fan talk, sorry.

On Lahoz, it was not a good night. On one hand he handled the bench quickly, but there were so many poor decisions and non decisions that he lost the trust of the players - and the benches.

I just don't see how anyone came blame the referee for Sanchez reviewing a red card. First one is firmly in the orange category, 2nd is a clear yellow.

As for the 'agenda's'. If you feel your club is targeted by the media/refs etc then take a break from the Internet so you can start thinking rationally again

This does highlight the fact that many people just don't understand the laws. "But I got the ball ref!"

Last edited:
Was not even aware they had played. If the player only got a second yellow, he has come out of it pretty well.

That plus, after that first tackle, you are as good as away for your next one, poor from the player and tech area not to be aware enough to realise this.

Attachments

• FAB76AC3-CCCA-4806-89CA-EBD87B3EECB9.png
    FAB76AC3-CCCA-4806-89CA-EBD87B3EECB9.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
As a fan, I got to say I thought the second yellow card was harsh and it ruined the game. For me the follow through was not in any way reckless and at worst its a foul. I think in the PL most refs won't give a second yellow for that.

Unless of course he still had the first yellow in his mind because I thought Sanchez was fortunate not to recieve a red card for that. I would definately class that as an 'orange card tackle' at the very least.

There was one moment in the second half where the commentators were aghast the ref gave a goal kick to Inter instead of a corner to Liverpool and after replays shown the ref was right, the commentator went he must of had help from his assistent even though the assistant was not on that side where the ball went out! Just bizzare commentary. I'm also sure there opinion on the red card would be different if it was a Liverpool player.

not in any way reckless and at worst a foul........

Attachments

• E35C69FF-7698-4FDF-B85A-319186C211D7.png
    E35C69FF-7698-4FDF-B85A-319186C211D7.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
not in any way reckless and at worst a foul........
Surely that's like saying if you slide in and take the ball your follow through can be ignored? Players have to make a decision on the sort of challenge they do whether they are jumping in with arm flailing about or studs showing in a challenge knowing full well that if they can't stop (as they are uncontrolled) then they may make a foul that ends up in a card being given to them?

Back