A&H

Liverpool V Utd

One? After Dave... OK 2 as Lukaku would be good at Chelsea... I can’t find a starting place for Marcus. On this form Matic wouldn’t get the vacant spot at the back of Spurs’ midfield...
Lukakus only chance would be Chelsea, no way would he get in ahead of Kane/Aguero/Firmino and co. I think Lingard would be capable of getting into Spurs/Chelsea sides as well. Bar that, can't see any of Uniteds side getting into their squad

The Referee Store
They do, but how many of their starting 11 today would actually get into any of the current top 4 sides? 3, maybe 4?

Quite.

De Gea, Pogba, Martial.

As for 'potential': Rashford and maybe Dalot as its still early days.

The thing for me though, is I think if you gave Pep this side, he would actually do something useful with them like Sir Alex used to do. He would certainly be getting the better out of a player like Lingard and Herrera, though I can't see him being too happy with that defensive backline!

Santa, putting smiles on faces since time began!

This is not hindsight, I was convinced at the time Moyes should have been left in charge, nothing to this day has changed my thinking on this, yes he went about things a bit hap hazard but who would not? Like driving a focus for 10 years then all of a sudden someone hands you a Ferrari, of course your going to be a bit excited, daunted, scared and a bit care free, all rolled into one.

Failing that, Zac Efron and Hugh Jackman would be a good team, they have experience at managing the circus.

Jos Luhkuhay will be soon. He is an experienced manager at a Mickey Mouse club, he’s managed massive expectations too!

As someone with a swing to the red side of Stretford the best pressie Santa can bring is bye bye Jose and SAF till end season and hello Steve Clarke.
as an ayr united fan i think stevie clarke is a great shout for man ure he is doing far too good a job where he is

as an ayr united fan i think stevie clarke is a great shout for man ure he is doing far too good a job where he is

Gven the apparent mistake with Moyes, I think that will sadly work againgst Clarke.
The thing he is doing with Kilmarnock is Narnia stuff and in a way, I want him to stay at Killie, just to see if he can win it.

"When Chelsea changed managers, they looked to the best tacticians Serie A had to offer. When Liverpool changed manager, they chose the hottest, most exciting free agent manager available. When Tottenham changed manager, they plucked the best up-and-comer in the Premier League. When Manchester City changed manager, they got Pep Guardiola, former leader of the best club side of a generation, if not all time.

When Manchester United changed manager, they picked a man who had been sacked by a rival after alienating everyone at the club, from the boardroom to the medical room to the dressing room. You can’t say they didn’t know what they were getting, and it is hard to feel sympathy now that history is repeating itself at their expense."

Ouch from F365

Mourinho is a proven winner. Klopp ain't won nowt yet.

What the Red Mank faithful seem unable to grasp, is that when SAF left, that was it. The end of an era. Every dog has it's day, and Man Utd had more than their fair share. Liverpool went through it, and so it is for Man Utd. Unlucky. :p :D

Mourinho is a proven winner. Klopp ain't won nowt yet.

What the Red Mank faithful seem unable to grasp, is that when SAF left, that was it. The end of an era. Every dog has it's day, and Man Utd had more than their fair share. Liverpool went through it, and so it is for Man Utd. Unlucky. :p:D
I could win trophies guessing at the game of Fantasy Football. The ability of high profile managers like Mourinho is 90% hype. He's nothing more than a narcissist who craves any sort of attention. The football is just a sideshow

I could win trophies guessing at the game of Fantasy Football. The ability of high profile managers like Mourinho is 90% hype. He's nothing more than a narcissist who craves any sort of attention. The football is just a sideshow

So it was 90% hype that won him trophies at Porto and at Chelsea. Fair enough Sigmund. :D :p

I simply made the valid comment that with the departure of SAF, the domination of Man Utd was always going to end. And it has.

SAF was a coaching (and managerial) genius but he's gone.

D'you think Rafa is mainly hype too then? (genuine question).

Well I am gutted Mourinhio has gone. A new manager will get those players playing to their full potential, I am glad there is a 19 point gap but I can now see a strong challenger for fourth. I was hoping for the sacked one to see out his contract

So it was 90% hype that won him trophies at Porto and at Chelsea. Fair enough Sigmund. :D:p

I simply made the valid comment that with the departure of SAF, the domination of Man Utd was always going to end. And it has.

SAF was a coaching (and managerial) genius but he's gone.

D'you think Rafa is mainly hype too then? (genuine question).
So I just generally underrate the skill of football management. There are infinitely cleverer people applying their genius in all manner of disciplines the world-over for a fraction of the recompense, so i'm not one for being all starry eyed by these film star managers
However, I'm sure there are managers lower down the pyramid who are doing their level best with limited budgets and mediocre wages
The thing I like about Benitez, is he's shown signs of a rare quality in football: loyalty
The Club is in profit on transfers during his tenure and every point he picks up with that squad in the Premier League feels like a minor miracle to me
That said, that just makes him comparatively good at what he does; nothing more

Surely the red section is relating to Pogba's performance...or lack of
Sadly, the players are equally to blame and Pogba turns up 1 in 3. Post earlier was spot on, the magic club and superior money ethos has gone.. Welcome to mediocrity

Sadly, the players are equally to blame and Pogba turns up 1 in 3. Post earlier was spot on, the magic club and superior money ethos has gone.. Welcome to mediocrity

No the previous post about SAF is the one, when he left, the aura, magic and spirit left. That man never kicked a ball for Utd but singled handed won so much, basically at times rendering the players as nothing more then puppets carrying out his demands.
Very few players under SAF went on to better things, prob fair to say 9 out of 10 peaked at Utd and were average in other teams, this was not due simply to the players, but to SAF making them believe they were better than they were. CR7 is the stand out exception but I seriously cant think of any others.

For what its worth, it might be fun to see Keane take charge short term (its not going to happen), but, imagine him actually having free range on these under acheivers in the dressing room ! Boot up arse is indeed needed.

Back