A&H

LOTG 17/18

The Referee Store
That does surprise me Rusty. Have they got modern attitudes too or are they just young old men?

It's irrelevant as they will be trained how to keep suckling from the FA teat by the old timers who have been doing it for years.
Watched it happen time and time again.....new young blood comes in...within a couple of years they are as corrupt and incesttuous as the rest of them.

The thing is Padfoot, you want it both ways and that usually isn't possible. You are always moaning about things that are wrong in football, but then when changes are proposed or made to try to make things better you poo-poo them.

Can you name any things brought in recently by the FA that actually make the life of a referee better Rusty??? I'll wait!!

PersonalIy I think the WGS is archaic, it feels like it was wrote for windows 1985! I'm not sure what it cost but i'd ask that 16 year old for the money back!!

I was really referring to on the FOP stuff really James...

Each to their own. It is miles better than the old excel sheets. Sure, its not perfect but there are multibillion pound bluechip corporations that still struggle to implement new systems so overall it works well and is fit for purpose as far asm my experience goes. I can now submit my disicipline before I have leave the ground if I want to, couldnt have done it before - its certainly more 21cn than postal submissions.

Ok so FOP stuff. I recall when I refereed juniour football. I was on two leagues. One was charter one was not. The charter standard league was streets ahead of the non- chartered for player / spectator behaviour so I would argue that the implementation of charter standard leagues was another positive thing the FA have brought in l that benefitted me as the referee.

I'm very sure you all have your reasons for your gripes but it aint all doom and gloom

The thing is Padfoot, you want it both ways and that usually isn't possible. You are always moaning about things that are wrong in football, but then when changes are proposed or made to try to make things better you poo-poo them.

The fact that CFA's are run by corrupt regimes, more interested in ensuring their survival on the gravy train than actually serving those they represent, has nothing to do with any changes that have been proposed.

in fact, the vast majority of changes are handed down from the FA, so the CFA's are nothing more than implementers of someone else's project. WGS, I actually like, but it was a National thing, not a CFA thing....the revised "observation" scheme....another national initiative, not a CFA thing.

Sin bins.....absolutely awful idea....another national foisting.

The one thing that CFA's have had the opportunity to do to make things better for grass roots officials.......coloured shirts.......how many have buried their heads in the sand and refused to allow them?

CFA's exist to serve themselves first, and everyone else a distant second.......the only people who can't, or won't, see it are the ones with a vested interest in keeping it that way.

The fact that CFA's are run by corrupt regimes, more interested in ensuring their survival on the gravy train than actually serving those they represent, has nothing to do with any changes that have been proposed.

in fact, the vast majority of changes are handed down from the FA, so the CFA's are nothing more than implementers of someone else's project. WGS, I actually like, but it was a National thing, not a CFA thing....the revised "observation" scheme....another national initiative, not a CFA thing.

Sin bins.....absolutely awful idea....another national foisting.

The one thing that CFA's have had the opportunity to do to make things better for grass roots officials.......coloured shirts.......how many have buried their heads in the sand and refused to allow them?

CFA's exist to serve themselves first, and everyone else a distant second.......the only people who can't, or won't, see it are the ones with a vested interest in keeping it that way.
Nothing wrong with coloured shirts, just ask Sheffields Finest he wore one for years...

I did a Freedom of Information request on my County FA a few years ago and they repeatedly failed to give me the specific piece of information that id asked for. I took it further, to the VERY top, and the FA solicitor specifically asked them for the same bit of information that i should have been forthcoming! They still didn't give it to me and i bollocked said person accordingly!!!
Don't give me any bullcrap that they are a changed organisation!!! Its all about jobs for the converted!!!

Things will improve, but it takes a long time.

If a CFA has its top ranks full of the old and bold who probably haven't been directly involved in grassroots football for 30 plus years, you can't replace them with younger more forward thinking people until they retire.

There is also an element of people promoting those who share their views, it happens in the top echelons of the Armed Forces.

In terms of Sin Bins, isn't that an IFAB thing, which the FA have decided to trial? Hopefully it will prove to be a disaster and quietly binned in time.

With coloured shirt I'm with Padfoot. But I think the blame with this particular cluster must lie with the national FA. They should have made a decision that referees can wear black OR *alternative colour* shirts, rather than leaving it up to CFAs to decide.

My CFA said we can wear any colour shirt, but yellow would be the colour for county cup games. However, due to what I assume was poor communication, individual leagues were saying you can ONLY wear black.

In the end our RDO sent out an email last week stating that leagues CANNOT stop officials from wearing a colour other than black.

Which meant some backtracking was required by my local Sunday league.

It was finally sorted out, my better half wasn't impressed that I've bought more referee shirts, and yellow compression tops, but she'll get over it.

Got mine from the IFAB. They made it complex by not including a Euro amount or reference/invoice number clearly but the transaction was eventially easy for me without bank charges as I live in the Eurozone (biscuit please).

Back