A&H

Managers and Linesman - U15s

Robbo7

Hi all, thought I would post had an interesting one today.

The match today was spikey, but just before half time I had a manager and assistant (same Club) having a go at the oppos linesman, squaring up (wanted to take it to the car park), I stopped the game and brought them both over, I said to stop acting like this infant of 14 year olds and set an example. I had to calm them all down like children, but the main question is, in the second half two players had squared up behind me, and I saw two adults running on the pitch. I told them "Get of my pitch I will deal with this", I booked both players, but I have noticed that Dad / Mums think it is acceptable they can just walk on the pitch whenever they want, as little Jonny has got annoyed with another player.....drives me mad. Does it become a fine if someone enters the pitch without my say so?, and how do you report it?

The Referee Store
Parents running onto FoP is never acceptable. IMHO I'd be making written report as part of your reporting of the two Cautions administered. The Parents you mention above need to be made an example of IMHO

@Robbo7 - if the parents enter the FOP, you should not approach them when they leave. Speak with the team official for them and warn them to control their parents, etc. Continued failure and you should report the club to the league/CFA.

It is never acceptable for the parents to enter the FOP.

If a spectator enters the field of play then the home team should be approached and asked to deal.
In terms of reporting this would be an extraordinary incident report via wholegame.
Am I correct in assuming that a written report would be required into the instance that lead to the Parents being on the FoP???
If you cautioned both players just submit as normal via caution.
If you sent them off same as above.
You can make reference to it in you Extraordinary report but the usual way of reporting sich incidenta would suffice..

I once had a spectator jumping the fence to come in and pull a player away from a square up behind play in an U18 game. He prevented what would have been a certain fight between two players. It ended up as a yellow card to each player. The spectator moved behind the fence quickly and I asked the ground official to keep an eye on him. The spectator apologised to me after the game and said the player he pulled away was his son (who was with him at the time).
He most likely saved his son and the opponent from a send off and more importantly saved me some paper work :)

Clear warning to both managers to control theirs lines by that I mean officials and spectators. Any further infractions, send them to the car park and report. Child safety issues and your own to consider here!

In the local youth leagues near me, it is a league rule and part of the FA Respect campaign that there is a clear barrier between the pitch and spectators, all spectators must stand behind this barrier.

Usually this is in the form of a rope barrier.

I would insist the home team sets out a barrier, and refuse to kick off until it is sorted. It is safer for not only the players, but you as a match official.

It also creates a physical barrier for parents, and can do a lot psychologically. You have to make a conscious effort to cross the barrier which tends to make most people think.

Check if your leagues have this rule, and don't be a afraid to enforce it. Teams might moan and grumble about it, but a little bit of hassle before the game can save a lot of hassle during it.

Back