A&H

Mass Confrontation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The assistant got involved because he was nearer to the action. The work of the assistants is to ASSIST. He thought may be he can defuse the tension before players go wild. Here is a video that will be of help to you http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014...e-confrontation-disciplinary-committee-action. Thanks. I am out.
mc1.png
mc2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Referee Store
Don't think I've ever been out with a referee who has asked me to "get involved" as such. Nor would I. Always been instructed to get a good view point and watch. Particularly for the keeper doing the 80 yard run

I think its pretty standard advice here to watch but keep clear in a mass conf. Its not our job to break them up if they are childish enough to fight

Just to clarify, MI, is that video something that Fifa have given to their refs as a best practice scenario?

Just to clarify, MI, is that video something that Fifa have given to their refs as a best practice scenario?
I have a video from FIFA but it is in an application called "Mens Competiton 2013". It is 5Gb app which has many videos for referees to watch and understand how to deal with many incidents in the game. There is a video which shows how referees should react to incidents involving mass confrontation.

image.jpg
Sure as hell doesn't mean I'm getting in the middle of it. You can't always prevent it by carding quickly. In fact sometimes that will be the spark
Most mass confrontations occur as a result of violent conduct or SFP. To prevent it, immediately send off the offending player. It willl help diffuse the situation.

Well I'm not gonna argue with MI cos I've gotta be at work in 36 hrs.
Did anyone notice the goalkeeper on his knees at 50 secs? What is happening there?
Did anyone catch what the second player was sent off for? Not questioning it just wondering whether it was caught on camera?
The whistling is cringeworthy. Noone was listening and it gave the impression of having lost control. Just watch and remember.
The AR actions were ridiculous and achieved nothing. Who knows what he would have seen had he not got in amongst it.

I don't wanna talk about other things that happened. The AR did the correct thing by intervening at the first place. May be what he did wrong was he stayed there for long. In simple terms, he should have only gotten there to separate the immediate player involved and should have stepped back once 3 or more players were joining the fight. The decision to intervene first was right since he was close to the action than the referee. Kudos both ARs. Well this thread is gaining unnecessary attention, I think the admins should close it. We have more important things to discuss than this. Thanks.

I don't wanna talk about other things that happened. The AR did the correct thing by intervening at the first place. May be what he did wrong was he stayed there for long. In simple terms, he should have only gotten there to separate the immediate player involved and should have stepped back once 3 or more players were joining the fight. The decision to intervene first was right since he was close to the action than the referee. Kudos both ARs. Well this thread is gaining unnecessary attention, I think the admins should close it. We have more important things to discuss than this. Thanks.
Are we watching the same video :confused:
The referee is far closer to the incident than AR1 who is about 25/30 yards away. By the time he arrives there are about 10 people already involved in the FIGHT. Completely reckless from an over active AR who is obviously used to working on as the middle.

MC1.png
Are we watching the same video :confused:
The referee is far closer to the incident than AR1 who is about 25/30 yards away. By the time he arrives there are about 10 people already involved in the FIGHT. Completely reckless from an over active AR who is obviously used to working on as the middle.
The fight was in early stages and no problem for him to get involved. The problem is he involved too much and that is a mistake.

This is a FIFA World cup match between Netherlands and Portugal in 2006. Watch the video and start at 2.22 and tell me the reason as to why the AR come to field even though the referee was closer to the action. At 1.58 in the video, the fourth official can be seen involved.

This is a great team work display by the match officials. This is how to control a mass confrontation. You don't just stand there and watch. Early intervention is necessary. Watch the actions of the far assistant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.... Nobody with a wide angle noting people getting involved? Both assistants and referee in the middle of it all? No triangle?

I believe them very lucky to get away with that. You have noted it as great team work, I think it is the opposite.

Hmmm.... Nobody with a wide angle noting people getting involved? Both assistants and referee in the middle of it all? No triangle?

I believe them very lucky to get away with that. You have noted it as great team work, I think it is the opposite.
What do you think was the work of the far assistant before he got involved? Drinking milk? And the 4th official.

What do you think was the work of the far assistant before he got involved? Drinking milk? And the 4th official.
Not a big fan of your arrogance.

Like I said, I thought it was incredibly poor. They were very lucky.

You are really trying to tell me what my opinion is now? :rolleyes:

I am entitled to my opinion. I do not like the work of the offiicials in the video you posted - you can have your opinion, I can have mine.

I would suggest you to think about how you address other forum users. Attempting to belittle those who do not agree with you is poor form.

You are really trying to tell me what my opinion is now? :rolleyes:

I am entitled to my opinion. I do not like the work of the offiicials in the video you posted - you can have your opinion, I can have mine.

I would suggest you to think about how you address other forum users. Attempting to belittle those who do not agree with you is poor form.
Now you are making this a fight? I am a professional and I would like to kindly tell you keep your opinion to yourself and I will keep mine too. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back