A&H

Mass Confrontation

Status
Not open for further replies.
sj0F8RD.jpg

The Referee Store
@MI everyone is entitled to their opinion on here, just because they don't agree with yours doesn't mean it's wrong. A few times now you've tried to force yours on others, and when they question your opinion you don't like it.

Are we able to play nice or do I need to start issuing formal warnings?

@MI everyone is entitled to their opinion on here, just because they don't agree with yours doesn't mean it's wrong. A few times now you've tried to force yours on others, and when they question your opinion you don't like it.

Are we able to play nice or do I need to start issuing formal warnings?
@Ross The best thing is for someone not to 'quote' my post if they don't agree with my opinion. If one does not agree, let him/her not challenge my opinion. That will sound better. I am here to enjoy well and interact with the refereeing community around the world. To the users, I might have made some mistakes, if in case any one has been offended by what I post I am very sorry.

@MI the extra videos that you have posted are very different from the OP. In the OP I think it was dealt with very poorly. The other two videos that you posted too were in my opinion dealt with poorly. The only decent one is the Howard Webb

@Ross The best thing is for someone not to 'quote' my post if they don't agree with my opinion. If one does not agree, let him/her not challenge my opinion. That will sound better. I am here to enjoy well and interact with the refereeing community around the world. To the users, I might have made some mistakes, if in case any one has been offended by what I post I am very sorry.
We have to quote your post if we disagree with you Mpaima, if we don't we wouldn't be discussing and this wouldn't be the brilliant refereeing forum that it is :)

Reactions: MI
We have to quote your post if we disagree with you Mpaima, if we don't we wouldn't be discussing and this wouldn't be the brilliant refereeing forum that it is :)
I also want people to disagree with me so that we discuss and possibly agree or agree to disagree or completely disagree. But if you reply to what others post, you will find them telling you 'it is my own opinion'. How will the continue?:( This is a forum. we need to discuss without insulting others. At the same time, the forum also has rules that we must respect.

I think the main thing to remember is just because one is a "professional" does not make them right. I'm sure anyone here who has driven behind or infront of a "professional" taxi driver will understand! Professional? Yes. Better or correct? Not necessarily

I think that is an insult. Climb up the ladder, poor grade 7 ref
That is out of order @MI. I don't often post and I spend my time observing from a distance on this forum. Bear in mind that you agree to a certain standard of conduct when you post on the forum, and derogatory comments about someone's level is completely unacceptable. Whilst you may not agree with @HertsFinest post, it is a valid comment. I have no doubt that you have a high standard of knowledge of LOTG and that being a FIFA referee does mean that you are of a certain high standard, however this does not give you the right to dictate to others what their opinion is, nor does it give you the right to effectively tell someone to shut up and shoot them down simply because they have a different opinion to you. Be more considerate and mindful when you post here. Whilst I have respect for the hard work you must out in to be a FIFA referee, and the knowledge, experience and different opinion and views you can bring to the forum, I am gradually losing respect for you as a poster. Perhaps you need to think twice before posting at times.

As far as the OP goes. I think therefore did react well, as did AR2, however if AR1 was my assistant, he would be getting a reminder that he shouldn't be getting that involved in the 'fight'. I agree that being proactive is important, but putting yourself in the line of fire, and more importantly in actual physical danger like that is reckless and unnecessary. I'm fairly sure the confrontation would have eased in exactly the same manner without AR1 diving into the thick of it.

That is out of order @MI. I don't often post and I spend my time observing from a distance on this forum. Bear in mind that you agree to a certain standard of conduct when you post on the forum, and derogatory comments about someone's level is completely unacceptable. Whilst you may not agree with @HertsFinest post, it is a valid comment. I have no doubt that you have a high standard of knowledge of LOTG and that being a FIFA referee does mean that you are of a certain high standard, however this does not give you the right to dictate to others what their opinion is, nor does it give you the right to effectively tell someone to shut up and shoot them down simply because they have a different opinion to you. Be more considerate and mindful when you post here. Whilst I have respect for the hard work you must out in to be a FIFA referee, and the knowledge, experience and different opinion and views you can bring to the forum, I am gradually losing respect for you as a poster. Perhaps you need to think twice before posting at times.

As far as the OP goes. I think therefore did react well, as did AR2, however if AR1 was my assistant, he would be getting a reminder that he shouldn't be getting that involved in the 'fight'. I agree that being proactive is important, but putting yourself in the line of fire, and more importantly in actual physical danger like that is reckless and unnecessary. I'm fairly sure the confrontation would have eased in exactly the same manner without AR1 diving into the thick of it.
I respect the opinion of other's but I don't think I will take insults lightly. If one does not agree with me, there is no need for him/her to quote my post. This irritates me alot. I haven't finished my anger management classes yet. I think I need my own space. So respect and move on. I wanna request you should not drag my status as a FIFA referee to any discussion in this forum. Just leave it there and close the topic. Thank You.

I respect the opinion of other's but I don't think I will take insults lightly. If one does not agree with me, there is no need for him/her to quote my post. This irritates me alot. I haven't finished my anger management classes yet. I think I need my own space. So respect and move on. I wanna request you should not drag my status as a FIFA referee to any discussion in this forum. Thank You.
Please understand @MI, the quote a post is the way to ensure that there are no mistakes made in identifying which post the reply is in regards too. It is the same for everyone. Nobody does or should take insults lightly, however you need to bear that in mind when posting also. If you are serious about anger management classes, then perhaps an OPINION forum where it is highly likely that people will disagree with you is not the best place for you. As far as your FIFA status goes, if you are going to shoot down another forum member with an insult (see above post; "Climb up the ladder, poor grade 7 ref") then it goes without saying that your FIFA status will be brought into the question. Added to this, you have FIFA all over your profile as well as your DP. You made that choice.

Lets please get back on track.

Anyway, thanks guys - I came a whisker away from a proper mass confrontation today in my game, but dealt with it swiftly and managed to stop it before punches were thrown!

Please understand @MI, the quote a post is the way to ensure that there are no mistakes made in identifying which post the reply is in regards too. It is the same for everyone. Nobody does or should take insults lightly, however you need to bear that in mind when posting also. If you are serious about anger management classes, then perhaps an OPINION forum where it is highly likely that people will disagree with you is not the best place for you. As far as your FIFA status goes, if you are going to shoot down another forum member with an insult (see above post; "Climb up the ladder, poor grade 7 ref") then it goes without saying that your FIFA status will be brought into the question. Added to this, you have FIFA all over your profile as well as your DP. You made that choice.

Lets please get back on track.
For God's sake, give me a peace of mind please.

Not sure how many threads this has been said on now, but I'll say it again.

Refereeing levels do not matter. Whether you're a FIFA ref or a newly qualified L8/9, your opinion counts and is no more or less valid as a result of that. This is a refereeing forum where refs of ALL levels DISCUSS and DEBATE decisions, laws etc. Everybody is entitled to an opinion, whether it be right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back