A&H

Matchday 11 - CRC v GER - Frappart (FRA)

cwyeary

RefChat Addict
Game 44 - Al Khor (20:00 CET)
COSTA RICA - GERMANY

Referee: Stéphanie Frappart (FRA)
Assistant Referee 1: Neuza Back (BRA)
Assistant Referee 2: Karen Diaz Medina (MEX)
Fourth Official: Said Martinez (HON)
Reserve Assistant Referee: Walter Lopez (HON)
Video Assistant Referee: Drew Fischer (CAN)
Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Jerome Brisard (FRA)
Offside Video Assistant Referee: Kathryn Nesbitt (USA)
Support Video Assistant Referee: Massimiliano Irrati (ITA)
Standby Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Corey Parker (USA)

The Referee Store
Easy to say from my sofa but that's a foot at least out of play, I get the AR is chasing back but its miles out

Yeah. I get that no one is fast enough to be perfectly placed for that, but all of the context clues gave you high certainty it was out.

Reactions: es1
AR2 is having a bit of a mare. That ball was a long way out on her side. She also just flagged a ricochet offside that was well on.

But maybe the one that was tough but didn’t turn out well was the flag for offside as the German went in on the GK - it wasn’t grassroots-safe-flag early- but it was early - there was no active play, the GK cleared and Cosat Rica attacked so the referee had to ignore it. Shame, no biggie, but looked confused.

AR2 is having a bit of a mare. That ball was a long way out on her side. She also just flagged a ricochet offside that was well on.

But maybe the one that was tough but didn’t turn out well was the flag for offside as the German went in on the GK - it wasn’t grassroots-safe-flag early- but it was early - there was no active play, the GK cleared and Cosat Rica attacked so the referee had to ignore it. Shame, no biggie, but looked confused.

Meanwhile the female American AR they brought who has consistently proven herself to be top level in MLS was only used in support roles. Nesbitt for me is the best female AR in the World and would have been apart of the regular team of Jair Marrufo if he didn't get left home.

Steph the ref has maybe missed a few fouls, nothing major, and she’s quick. Let’s see how she handles the remaining fast breaks.

Meanwhile the female American AR they brought who has consistently proven herself to be top level in MLS was only used in support roles. Nesbitt for me is the best female AR in the World and would have been apart of the regular team of Jair Marrufo if he didn't get left home.
I know she's injured, but Sian Massey-Ellis is at the top of that list for me. Nesbitt isn't too far behind. In a more just world, Nesbitt and SME would have been the ARs with Frappart for this assignment.

I’m not sure who the RA raised the flag on, but no. 9 was still in an offside position when he received the pass from his teammate. When I was taught Law 11, you didn‘t automatically become “onside” because your mate possessed the ball ahead of you. But times change. Did the interpretation change too?

I’m not sure who the RA raised the flag on, but no. 9 was still in an offside position when he received the pass from his teammate. When I was taught Law 11, you didn‘t automatically become “onside” because your mate possessed the ball ahead of you. But times change. Did the interpretation change too?
I think you need to rewatch the clip of the goal. The scorer (no 9) was behind the ball when it was played across by his team mate therefore he’s not in an offside position.

I think you need to rewatch the clip of the goal. The scorer (no 9) was behind the ball when it was played across by his team mate therefore he’s not in an offside position.

While this is true surely from the original pass (not to him) hes gaining an advantage by being in the position hes in.

I had doubts about this appointment before the match, thinking has she had enough experience of Top international games to date, which when you look at her matches, is NO compared to the other "Elite level " FIFA officials. However, she handled it very well. Nothing seemed to phase her.

But I think she was let down by her Assistants... the offside for the Germany goal was a bad decision, saved by VAR. Neither of the AR's looked at the top of their game.

Now she needs to be refereeing in the KO stages of the Champions League, to develop further.

While this is true surely from the original pass (not to him) hes gaining an advantage by being in the position hes in.
Absolutely irrelevant to the offside law. He’s not gaining an advantage in terms of how the LOTG refer to Law 11 (as no rebound or deflection from an opponent/goal post occurs)

Back