A&H

Merseyside derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorik0907

What do we make of that Pickford challenge? It's offside but that doesn't negate the absolute excessive way he goes in

The Referee Store
Should have been a red. A knee breaker. And it was not offside. The line drawing was manipulated to justify the outcome.

I came on to ask the exact same question - VAR got involved to assess if Van Dijk was onside, so no doubt it was a foul and PK at least. But they didn't even seem to consider if a red card was needed, which feels like a poor decision from the referee in the booth. And if a defender makes that tackle, it would definitely have been red I think.

First line drawn
Screenshot_20201017-224626.jpg

Second line drawn
Screenshot_20201017-224805.jpg

While offside is factual, the decision made is based in someone drawing lines wherever they want. That is not factual.

I don’t see how anyone can go with anything other than a red. Terrible terrible challenge

I’m as biased as they come and it was a clear red and nowhere near offside. Strange officiating. Not complaining!!

I may be wrong but don’t you still punish the more serious of the incidents anyway - that is a season ender and for them to get the offside wrong is unbelievable with the technology they have and how can his elbow be offside?

I may be wrong but don’t you still punish the more serious of the incidents anyway - that is a season ender and for them to get the offside wrong is unbelievable with the technology they have and how can his elbow be offside?
Offside offense did come before the 'tackle' but I don't understand why the assistant flags when he knows to let the attack play out with wait and see

Offside offense did come before the 'tackle' but I don't understand why the assistant flags when he knows to let the attack play out with wait and see
Exactly especially with how late they were calling the offsides and decisions in the England games - normally I jump to defend referees but this was simply awful from the VAR official

Right, so some on other pages have said maybe the offside saved Pickford as it was before the challenge...
But Richarlison challenge was after the whistle and, in my opinion, not much difference and gets a straight red..

There has to be a tolerance for offside decisions then at least the decision will be within the margin of error of the VAR system.

Those lines - What in the hell?!?

Love to see VAR on the other team's side though. Absolutely love to see it.

That is only when they happen simultaneously and that didn't happen here, the offside was first.

But you can still give a red card for SFP even if it happens after the offside offence. Take a different scenario, a player is running down the wing and the ball just goes out of play for a throw-in. At that point he is taken out by a two footed tackle, it is still a red card even though you restart with a throw-in - I've actually had that happen in a game.

Brushed under the rug a bit, but I'm also seriously considering binning Robertson for kicking out after he was fouled by Mina. Richarlison and Pickford are similar, rash tackles that both should have ended in reds. Think Oliver is regretting waiting for an advantage there although Richarlison made an absolutely braindead tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back