A&H

New Nike kit 2022

The Referee Store
I've gone for the black and grey version. I won't be seen dead in volt.
What is the general thought on colours for the training wear? Got the anthracite/black one last year but this new Volt colour not sure on it as dont wanna stand out being the only one on matchdays wearing it

What is the general thought on colours for the training wear? Got the anthracite/black one last year but this new Volt colour not sure on it as dont wanna stand out being the only one on matchdays wearing it
Personal choice I think mate.
There's just something bout the new volt colour that is too bright and garish.

My thoughts exactly. It's all a bit 'look at me'.

I've got training kit with the volt shoulder patches and think they look quite smart. But the ones which are mostly volt with black patches are a bit much I think.

I see Nike have added an orange option instead of the darker green for this season

Even worse than the volt stuff (which is proper grim), my Mrs asked me what I wanted for my birthday so I gave her a few links for pre match gear from ref store (I've never owned a tracksuit apart from stuff given to me by teams I've played for previously). She bought me the stuff and decided to pay to have my initials on it. Nooooooo

Even worse than the volt stuff (which is proper grim), my Mrs asked me what I wanted for my birthday so I gave her a few links for pre match gear from ref store (I've never owned a tracksuit apart from stuff given to me by teams I've played for previously). She bought me the stuff and decided to pay to have my initials on it. Nooooooo
So the initials don’t make you look cool?

I see Nike have added an orange option instead of the darker green for this season
Orange is a great color option. Our referees in MLS first started wearing orange in July last year, and I’d say they wear orange 40-50% of the time now. Given the volt yellow option already in place, orange is better than green.

From my seat, the new training gear for Nike would be great if you had replaced the volt with gray.

The MLS/PRO officials in the US have gray or navy training jackets they wear (their dark color is navy instead of black). Both look good. I just don’t like the volt color as an accent for referees. It doesn’t look nearly as professional. The jackets I saw during the EFL’s first weekend and the Community Shield just looks like the referees are trying too hard to be cool.

What’s really confusing to me is PGMOL goes with the volt accents, yet still sticks with black socks no matter what. I would have thought that if it’s OK to wear a lot of yellow in training gear that they would have just green-lighted colored socks.

Back