A&H

Noble red card, West Ham

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
In case its not been mentioned already, if any new or aspiring referee wants a text book lesson in red cards for SFP, then, check out Olivers red for Noble yesterday
its the all too common touch being poor, then the lunge,
at grass roots, its a alarm call, player takes a poor touch, you need to be on your toes to make sure you catch what happens next
at the top level, because of the skill levels, it wont happen every week but at grass roots, yes, poor touch=2nd touch is a foul
how bad the foul is, well, thats for you to decide.....

The Referee Store
In case its not been mentioned already, if any new or aspiring referee wants a text book lesson in red cards for SFP, then, check out Olivers red for Nolan yesterday
its the all too common touch being poor, then the lunge,
at grass roots, its a alarm call, player takes a poor touch, you need to be on your toes to make sure you catch what happens next
at the top level, because of the skill levels, it wont happen every week but at grass roots, yes, poor touch=2nd touch is a foul
how bad the foul is, well, thats for you to decide.....
Phew! Wondered what I was gunna read that this was worthy of a thread. Yes. Nailed on red card. Easy for Oliver.

Phew! Wondered what I was gunna read that this was worthy of a thread. Yes. Nailed on red card. Easy for Oliver.

yes easy for him, and, I would hope most refs who consider themselves to be of an acceptable standard

my over riding point was as we see so often, for newer refs then, poor first touch, alarm bells should ring, you then have milliseconds to get yourself into the correct position/angle to see what happens next....
I would add, esp on astro turf, where the first touch to control can sometimes be as wayward as a pass !

Also an example of how the culprit will put on a convincing performance by claiming innocence (and why we as referees should completely ignore the reaction)

Also an example of how the culprit will put on a convincing performance by claiming innocence (and why we as referees should completely ignore the reaction)

thats a good point, esp when the player is one of the most experienced in the league and (captain?)

who me ref, i would not do that!!

Sorry mate, you did. See ya

MO was in such a good position. Noble’s mild protest and hanging around was embaressing.

Thats another good learning point, call that from 20 yards away looking behind 4 players (imagine Moss calling it!!) and you will have folk questioning how you saw it, or as we know from the parks, how the f word we saw it!!
Oliver stands there cool as cucumber, knowing he was where he had to be, just saying, bye mate...

textbook

Back