A&H

Sheffield Utd v Plymouth

At a guess I would use the acronym us technology professionals use when people try to blame the tech for their own shortcomings ...

... PICNIC - problem in chair not in computer

Loosely translated, someone has pressed the wrong button ... :)
Armchair - Keyboard Interface

The Referee Store
It hardly helps if the audio has VAR saying something that doesn't really bear any relation to what everyone else sees.

It hardly helps if the audio has VAR saying something that doesn't really bear any relation to what everyone else sees.
It helps in as much as it gives transparency and a reasoning for their decision. We might disagree with it or deduce that they're wrong but I'd still much rather have it than not - especially as there will be many instances when they are correct or at least justified.

It helps in as much as it gives transparency and a reasoning for their decision. We might disagree with it or deduce that they're wrong but I'd still much rather have it than not - especially as there will be many instances when they are correct or at least justified.
Hearing the Comms would just add to the unbearable hype. 'Anything they do say will be taken down as evidence and used against them'
VAR hasn't been a good fit in the UK, voice-overs would only detract further from the game itself

At a guess I would use the acronym us technology professionals use when people try to blame the tech for their own shortcomings ...

I use this one at work.... A LOT

Hearing the Comms would just add to the unbearable hype. 'Anything they do say will be taken down as evidence and used against them'
VAR hasn't been a good fit in the UK, voice-overs would only detract further from the game itself
I guess ultimately it depends on how good the VARs are in the role, making decisions and communicating them.

I'm convinced that it has to happen and one day it will happen - just like VAR itself!

If it leads to better understanding of the laws, it's supportable. Would it have helped (other thread) to say the AR got the offside call wrong, but the VAR protocol only allows a delayed flag until the immediate threat to goal had ended, so she was right to raise the flag - and the referee was right/wrong (delete as required) to let play go on and see what happened?

(Well yes, now I see your point about unbearable hype!)

I wouldn't necessarily be in favor of them being played live, but I think releasing them as part of formal review/commentary from the powers that be would be very beneficial to an understanding of the process.

With some of my IT friends, we call it the "I-D-Ten-T" error.

In shorthand, it's "ID10T".

At least I think it's kind of clever . . .

With some of my IT friends, we call it the "I-D-Ten-T" error.

In shorthand, it's "ID10T".

At least I think it's kind of clever . . .
The IT guy at my old job used to just refer to it as GIGO - Garbage In Garbage Out

Back