A&H

Sin bins

El__Juez__

Level 7 Referee
Was watching a local step 5 league game in Thurlow Nunn south and the referee (following multiple incidents of being surrounded by players) issued a yellow card to one for what must have been dissent and pointed to the sideline. Player said no sin bins and was allowed to stay on. Referee didn’t consult ARs and seemed to accept it.

I thought sin bins were in use Step 5 and below?

The Referee Store
They are. Would be getting another yellow from me if he said that for trying to influence my decision. To sell that I'd just say it was another dissent caution.

They are. Would be getting another yellow from me if he said that for trying to influence my decision. To sell that I'd just say it was another dissent caution.
Ooyaa. Harsh.

As for the OP, SinBins are in play at Step 5 and below. Should have gone for 10 if it was a dissent caution

. . . and as it's a YC offence whilst temporarily dismissed, it would mean the player's involvement in the game is finished.
That said, a caution for trying to influence your decision is a difficult "sell"

Was watching a local step 5 league game in Thurlow Nunn south and the referee (following multiple incidents of being surrounded by players) issued a yellow card to one for what must have been dissent and pointed to the sideline. Player said no sin bins and was allowed to stay on. Referee didn’t consult ARs and seemed to accept it.

I thought sin bins were in use Step 5 and below?
Going to be an interesting debrief if an assessor was there......

I expect the referee will be answering questions from the FA about his failure to apply law correctly

Going to be an interesting debrief if an assessor was there......

I expect the referee will be answering questions from the FA about his failure to apply law correctly
Indeed. If it potentially affected the result and the opposition complain there would be very real grounds for having the game replayed.

FA Vase games were played today. Was this definitely a league game and not a Vase fixture between two sides from this league?

That’s the only legitimate reason I can think of for sin bins not being in use.

FA Vase games were played today. Was this definitely a league game and not a Vase fixture between two sides from this league?

That’s the only legitimate reason I can think of for sin bins not being in use.
Sin Bins are used in Vase games as well as far as I know

You know, on reflection, I think I'd have to be in a very bad mood to even try and sell that. He'd probably just get an attempt at the 'Collina stare' and then be told to leave for 10.
I did that in a game to stave off the need to sin bin. I can't remember what was said, but it was something about me not restarting properly. Or I think a smart arse comment about me needing to count out the distance to the wall on a free kick, while I was counting out the distance to the wall on a free kick.

This is why I believe the laws should be universal across the whole pyramid. I should be able to attend any football match in the world and know what rules are being used.

Back