A&H

Stevenage vs Hartlepool

Degnann

As incompetent as the last ref
Level 4 Referee

Clip doing the rounds of this.

Curious to know people’s thoughts.

Highlights don’t show how he’s ended up in that position but photos do show him crouching behind the goalpost waiting.

Separate note, do league or referees decide which shirt to wear at this level? Feel light blue or volt would have been better (I find stuff like this annoying)

The Referee Store
Cheap as anything, but totally legal. Different to the older clips where the players intercept a fly kick, once it's on the floor this is totally fair game.

Leaving / entering without permission, Anyone? 😏

Obviously hard to say without seeing why matey is crouching behind the post like that.

Not much can be done about this really, though, it feels unsporting, but also feels like football expects this to be allowed as there are no complaints (except at the GK).

To me it looks like he is doing up his laces whilst in the goal, not behind. Possibly pre-planned as may have seen the keeper do it a number of times already.

Keeper is a muppet for not checking behind himself properly, credit to the attacker I say!...

Agreed with the shirt colour, not the best choice considering what the teams are wearing.

Photo from him behind the line

1668431636787.png

Leaving / entering without permission, Anyone? 😏
I’d be leaning towards that. Id be curious to know what an observer would think and opinions on if you could book for entering without permission if leaving without didn’t come before

Dion Dublin/Shay Given

Not much difference between the 2 goals really. Dublin ran out of play after a challenge for the high ball, then hung back in case Given released the ball without looking.
We get the crucial bit of info there in that Dublin leaves FOP as part of normal play, and is immediately returning.

Not saying this goal in OP is any different, but we don't see how matey ends up in the position he is in and that could change my thoughts on the matter.

I'm disallowing the goal and cautioning for leaving the FOP and hiding in the bushes, ready to pounce like a Big Cat
Not sure if it's true, but it's said the player was doing his laces when he thought of the deviant act

Conversely, great example in this clip of leaving the FOP legally

Last edited:
I'm disallowing the goal and cautioning for leaving the FOP and hiding in the bushes, ready to pounce like a Big Cat
Not sure if it's true, but it's said the player was doing his laces when he thought of the deviant act

Conversely, great example in this clip of leaving the FOP legally

Off topic: Actor, singer, goal scorer. He’s a talented lad 🤣

Gone behind the goal line = left the field of play! But without any idea how he got there, it's impossible to say whether there's a 'leaving without permission' offence. I don't think 'entering without permission' comes into this one, it's not clear why they would be inside the goal net and requiring the referee's permission to re-enter. So it's either leaving without permission or nothing.

If the player left the field due to normal playing circumstances that hints at goal.

However, if the referee had spotted that a player had defective equipment, I’d be quite happy if the referee had stopped the game while the player was in the goal, so the player could fix their equipment off the field - then dropped ball to GK and wave the player back on from the sideline after a few moments.

Second however, I do wonder if allowing the goal was a mistake in law. The player was off the field correcting defective equipment - should he have been allowed back on without permission (irrespective of how he left the field)?

Back