A&H

The fastest way to pass from Level 7 to Level 5

The Referee Store
The only question is will county give me 2-3 games a week. A can serve 6 games a week

It isn't just down to fitness and availability. 70% of those 20 games have to be open age. Realistically in November and December, assuming no postponements related to the weather, that is 7 weekends. So you can get 14 games in that way, but where will you get the extra games from? Are there midweek adult leagues local to you?

It isn't just down to fitness and availability. 70% of those 20 games have to be open age. Realistically in November and December, assuming no postponements related to the weather, that is 7 weekends. So you can get 14 games in that way, but where will you get the extra games from? Are there midweek adult leagues local to you?
When will I start getting my matches, when does approximately season start?

What open age games are?

I am abroad now so I don’t know if there are midweek games, I will be in Surrey or Middlesex FA

Just 2-3 games a week, it’s not a lot, I train
6 times a week so instead of training I will be refereeing 😉

The issue is not you, it's how many games go ahead due to bad weather in the winter months.

If you are on a promotion scheme you'll get prioritized for games, but last season we had weekends where the entire fixture list was wiped out.

When will I start getting my matches, when does approximately season start?

What open age games are?

I am abroad now so I don’t know if there are midweek games, I will be in Surrey or Middlesex FA

As per my post in the new referee section, you need to contact what will be your new CFA. The process of transferring from overseas to England is far from simple.

Thank you for your reply, who is CFA?
CFA is your county FA.

As you have only done 3 matches, you want be able to apply promotion (see other thread) for a full season. In England, you are expected to have done 20 matches before you can apply for promotion.

CFA is your county FA.

As you have only done 3 matches, you want be able to apply promotion (see other thread) for a full season. In England, you are expected to have done 20 matches before you can apply for promotion.
I see that means that I have to have
CFA is your county FA.

Then in one season maximum that I can do is to apply for promotion L7 and then to apply for L6?

CFA is your county FA.

I’m in a great physical shape and I have good knowledge of LOTG, what do you think is the fastest way to pass promotions?

I’m in a great physical shape and I have good knowledge of LOTG, what do you think is the fastest way to pass promotions?
You're going to need some games to referee and at the moment football at the level at which you will referee as a L7, is going to be scarce for at least another 3 months. Even allowing for refereeing on Saturdays and Sundays, you may need time to adapt to expectations in English lower level football.

I see that means that I have to have

Then in one season maximum that I can do is to apply for promotion L7 and then to apply for L6?
If your international clearance goes through smoothly, and as you have qualified in another country, you start as a Level 7 in Middlesex or Surrey (your new home address will dictate which) so after building up the required 20 games at an appropriate level you then are able to apply for promotion to 6 (and possibly 5, if your county allow that)
I suggested yesterday you should study the websites of the two County FA's; if you do so, all the info you need will be there under the "Referees" tab.

If your international clearance goes through smoothly, and as you have qualified in another country, you start as a Level 7 in Middlesex or Surrey (your new home address will dictate which) so after building up the required 20 games at an appropriate level you then are able to apply for promotion to 6 (and possibly 5, if your county allow that)
I suggested yesterday you should study the websites of the two County FA's; if you do so, all the info you need will be there under the "Referees" tab.
Actually I couldn’t find the information...:(

Mod edit: removed the address

Last edited by a moderator:
You're going to need some games to referee and at the moment football at the level at which you will referee as a L7, is going to be scarce for at least another 3 months. Even allowing for refereeing on Saturdays and Sundays, you may need time to adapt to expectations in English lower level football.
Why scarce?

Am I going to officiate only in grasroots?

At level 7, yes. Depending on your CFA you may get the opportunity to officiate at professional club academies but other than that it's Saturday and Sunday league until you get to level 4.

You should have the opportunity to be assistant ref on higher leagues though

At level 7, yes. Depending on your CFA you may get the opportunity to officiate at professional club academies but other than that it's Saturday and Sunday league until you get to level 4.

You should have the opportunity to be assistant ref on higher leagues though
So I’m not going to officiate matches on Saturdays and Sundays? Or is it just a name of the league?

Back